turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Transmission won't go through

I have tried 2 different browsers, fixed pop-up blockers, and changed my phone number and my transmission still won't go through to file.  I keep getting the following message. I am a service member stationed abroad and this is my only way to file. Otherwise, can you guide me to the snail mail suggestion? 

Your transmission didn't go through
We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. To ensure you have the latest version of TurboTax, wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround. In some cases, you may need to file your return by mail. - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@bsoxad2 This error means an invalid phone number or not a U.S. domestic phone number.

Please review the article below to make corrections.

Error message 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Contains invalid digits

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please review the suggestions given by  BarbaraW22 below.

There may be an error in which some of the information you entered into TurboTax may not have been properly saved. 

You will need to compare your tax records to the information in TurboTax and verify that everything is accurate and complete. The easiest way to do this is to go through the TurboTax interview questions again.

If your tax return wasn't saved correctly, you'll see that previously answered questions will have to be answered again. But if all the information you had provided initially is still visible and correct, then it doesn't need to be re-entered.

Next, click on Review from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen to make sure your return is free from errors. Then try to e-file your return again.

If you continue to have issues, please call TurboTax support for live help by following the link below.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

CadL
Level 2

Is this because IRS is not accepting returns until Feb 12th??

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@bsoxad2 This error means an invalid phone number or not a U.S. domestic phone number.

Please review the article below to make corrections.

Error message 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Contains invalid digits

This really helped thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies