Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Transmission Trouble Error - Unable to eFile

Hello TurboTax Community,

For the past several days, I have not been able to submit my federal tax return. After pressing "Transmit my returns now", it runs for about a minute before I receive this response:

TRANSMISSION TROUBLE

We're having trouble detecting your transmission. Let's troubleshoot.
First, select Check Status below. If your status is Pending, your transmission was successful, and you can continue.
If your status shows no returns were transmitted, please select the File tab and try transmitting again. Continue through the screens to confirm your e-file choices and select the Transmit button.
If you get the same "Transmission Trouble" message, try coming back in an hour or two to transmit again.

Some additional details that may be helpful:

1. Whenever I click "Check Status", the webpage begins to run the action but instead, it just saves, signs me out, and brings me back to the sign-in page. I have also followed all other instructions listed in the "troubleshoot" I copy & pasted above.

2. I have linked my CoinTracker account and the total number of transactions is just under 3900. This is obviously close to the limit of 4,000 crypto-transactions but it is still under. There are no transactions marked as "needs review". I think this may have something to do with it because this is the first return I have done that includes crypto (started investing in 2021) and this is the first time I've ever run into this issue. I heard that you can submit all transactions as a "summary" according to this post, however I used 3 different exchanges, so this may not be the best option.

3. I'm using TurboTax Online, where I purchased TurboTax Premier directly through the site with a credit card instead of using my return. I decided to go this route after reading this thread about a similar issue to what I'm experiencing. 

4. I have tried doing this from multiple different locations (home, work, friend's house), so it's not a networking issue. I have also cleared my cache and cookies, and tried different browsers. 

If anybody has any insight on this, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

T

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

In this case, based on the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, please get in touch with customer care for further assistance with this issue. Please click here for steps to contact customer care.

Same issue when are you gonna fix this?

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

In your case, since you tried numerous options and can't transmit your returns, I would agree with you that it must be the crypto transactions.  

Definitely I would recommend using the Summary method to report.  Doesn't matter how many 'brokers' you have.  Very little data entry! 

You could try to Contact TurboTax Help or Expert Support but since this is not affecting a great number of users, may not get fixed anytime soon.

Click this link for more info on How is Crypto Taxed?

@Tylert416 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mugen7
Returning Member

I'm having this same exact issue, I have 4029 transactions in total, 3600 from one crypto exchange in general. What can I do to submit? I've already paid for the service?

Nobody helped me on TurboTax. I talked to 20 people with all diff answers. They even told me to kick rocks when I asked them to just do it from frustration. I ended up just closing out all my avenues and deleted the whole thing. Started it again and uploaded everything through the crypto app CoinTracker and it worked. So i dont know what works but it did and I got my refund in 12 days after

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies