turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

CaitinaT1 and other TurboTax employees giving expert responses, are you reading that TurboTax made an error in not asking for 1095a information (as it has done in previous years) and therefore many, many people have had delayed returns? There is plenty of information in this thread about what happened and how to remedy it. The IRS has also told us what to do.

What I would like to hear from TurboTax is that you acknowledge the error and will be refunding the cost of our Turbotax software or subscription.

So if I mailed my 1095a and 8962 would I have better luck faxing it instead ?

You can fax it now if you like  ... not sure if it will make a difference... don't count on it.

I just spoke with someone at the IRS and she strongly recommended faxing the 8962 even though I mailed it 3 months ago.

There is information needed for the fax cover letter to make sure the form gets routed correctly, which I found on the letter the IRS sent to me back in March saying they needed the 8962. If you don't have that, I suggest calling to get the correct batch and control numbers.

The agent said when they receive the fax there is still a 6 - 8 week processing time.

Actually the letter you got  IS the cover sheet ... read the instructions.

pkf68

But the point is...we should never have had to file paper refunds! We paid TT to file our taxes electronically so we would get our refunds faster and not miss critical information that would delay the refund.

I filed in early February and received the letter from the IRS to send the insurance form. I faxed at the the end of February and here I am...still waiting for my refund. Plus, there is no way to know if it was even done correctly since the form is confusing to fill out for us mere mortals. My fear is that the IRS finally gets around to processing my forms and then says that they were done incorrectly. Will Turbo Tax complete and file the form for me since that is what I paid for?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

TurboTax does not know what information you individually have but will guide you along the way.  It will only process and transmit the returns based upon the information you enter into the program.  

In the future, if you have a form in your possession, you should use the search or help buttons on the top right of the program to find the appropriate section to enter your information.  

Help features

This will ensure you have reported everything in the tax return you are preparing to avoid any delays in processing your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the advice, but there won't be a next time for me with TurboTax. This was a big mistake on TurboTax's part, it had huge consequences for thousands of people, and no one will take responsibility. Why would I pay for this experience again when there are better products available with better customer service?

joop
Level 2

What a horror story.  Turbotax improperly calculated my tax return SIX months ago....SIX whole montha ago and I have yet to see any sign of a refund, or apology or admittance of error from turbotax. I am now in Hospice, and I have no doubt I will be dead before I see a refund. 

What a horrible, horrible thing for a business to do to someone. So many other victims of this mistake are feeling the pain and frustration that nobody from tubotax cares one bit. 

Just wanted to provide an update and timeline to give others some hope.  I am in this situation - I e-filed with TurboTax on 2/13.  Realized two days later that I forgot the 1095-A.  SO upsetting!  I received the 12-C letter on 3/28.  Tried for days to fax with no luck so mailed the forms to KC office certified mail.  Received confirmation of delivery 4/13.  Then due to Covid everything was put on hold.  Tried to call many times, finally able to get through after weeks and weeks.  Finally on June 11th I was able to have a referral sent on my behalf to the error resolution dept.  I don't know if this was the catalyst or not, but just yesterday my online "where's my refund" screen changed back to the orange bars of progress!  My refund is now scheduled to be deposited in my account tomorrow, 7/17.  I can finally sleep at night after five months of incredible stress.

Hope this update gives you all some hope that things are progressing.  This was a complete nightmare for everyone - hang in there!

Oh, I did call TurboTax back in April and they refunded my filing fees with no hesitation.  Keep after them on this.

Similar situation. As turbo tax did not ask for 1095 this year. I filed February 24th. It still says processing.  

Exactly...so many are financially suffering because of their error and they refuse to admit it.  I will never ever use them again.  5 months later I am still waiting on my refund

It's great to hear someone is having progress. Thanks for the update. Hopefully there will be good news for the rest of us too.

We're still waiting. Been in contact with IRS several times and the last thing I was told (last Thursday) was that because they moved the tax filing deadline from April to July, it caused some returns that needed mathematical fixes (like some of us) to get caught up in some kind of systems error. Apparently they are aware of the problem now and are trying to get our refunds to out within the next week to 3 weeks. Whether you can actually believe that is another thing. Anyway I called turbotax again and basically demanded a refund of the filing fee. They agreed no questions asked this time. Even though I called them back in April and they unequivocally said no. 

Hey everyone. So my update is I filed on March 17 nothing happened because TurboTax didn’t ask for the form I hired a CPA in June to file the healthcare form for me. I haven’t been able to get through to anybody at the IRS and I am still waiting on my refund. Under where is my refund it still shows as processing nothing has changed since March. It’s been 8 weeks Since the healthcare form was submitted on my behalf he even provided a fax  receipt showing that it went through. Has anyone Received their money or know what I should do? Any advice at all? I’ll be calling TurboTax today to ask for a refund. They sincerely dropped the ball. I am so upset. I really need my money. Full time college student and Single Mom of 2. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies