Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

joop
Level 2

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

Don't send it to them until you get the request from the IRS.

I'm in the exact same situation. I sent my missing 8962 form the first week of March. Now, there isn't anyway I can verify from anyone that they received it, didn't receive it, it was right, it was wrong... They are holding nearly $7,000 of my money and because Turbo Tax messed up and now the virus epidemic, I'm at my whits end to pay my bills. I despise Turbo Tax now.

UPDATE: I filed in Jan and my taxes were accepted Jan 31st, I got a letter the last week of Feb and I mailed my forms 03/02. I still show as processing on where my refund on 05/05. It has officially been 9+ weeks since I mailed. Can't call and speak to anyone to check on it. I was advised by IRS workers prior to the shut down not to fax the forms because it will cause an even longer delay. I am just hoping and praying that the forms made it there, because that was my fear all along--that they would get lost in the mail. Ugh! This is horrible. They owe me over 9000$. I have two kids and am unable to work during COVID19... I'm freaking out! Anyone close to my timeline get any type of update recently? 

Around the same timeline here. Still no news. I did get I. Touch with a tax advocate and am waiting to hear back. Will update you when I hear from them and see what they have to say

I filed mine 2/1 and got the letter in the beginning of March. I faxed my information right away. It's been about 6 weeks and I still haven't updated. I'm not even positive that my fax was received. I've just been waiting and hoping lol

It's been 10 weeks nothing!

joop
Level 2

14 weeks since Turbo tax improperly calculated my tax return. This is certainly causing me financial damages at this point. Time to call an attorney to see how liable Turbo tax is for the mistakes THEY made. They certainly made me a lot of promises that my taxes would be prepared PERFECTLY if I chose their product.....

Did anyone else who submitted then1095 and other required form via MAIL also send it via Fax? I am half tempted to fax it even though they advised me prior to covid shutdown not to do it. I am still processing almost 90 days later since mailing the forms. I don’t know if i should fax too. I’m really starting to panic as money is running out and they owe me a hefty refund... 

Same here. I don't think there is anyone there to put paper in it. My work fax tries 3 times and upon failure prints as failed fax. Good luck. I dont expect to see anything for months 

Same happened to me. I’m still waiting for my refund. “Still being processed” and now I can’t get help when I call IRS

I faxed my information in. It was over eight weeks ago and I still have not gotten any updates on my return

ajh2018

I am in the same situation. I received my letter the end of Feb and faxed my forms the same day as well as mailed a paper copy to be safe. I finally received a confirmation letter 3 weeks ago stating that they had received my documents. It also stated it may take another 6 to 8 weeks to receive my refund. Still nothing.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Juliajoyv

• I only had APTC for half of one month. So I never entered it on my taxes but also was never asked and now with covid 19 delays it's been a long wait for my refund turbo tax. And on top of it the IRS sent stimulus money to the wrong bank and my baby boys dependent was not credited either because he was born this year not last year. Never using turbo tax again. 

@ajh2018  you got a letter stating they receiving your papers? I mailed mine the first monday of march and I have gotten no correspondence or update.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies