Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

@lincas210  Thank you for responding. Hopefully they keep the same pace with my  file as they did yours . I filed on 1/31got letter on 2/20 and faxed my documents Over on the 21st s

Try 7.3 million people received the APTC in 2019 and therefore were required to reconcile their APTC. 7.45 million in 2018 when TurboTax still automatically prompted users to submit this. And yes, that was when the mandate was in place but TurboTax still prompted everyone to both report their compliance AND reconcile the APTC (if they received it). So you're telling me that a drop from 7.45 million to 7.3 million meant they didn't need to prompt users to reconcile the APTC when they had been doing this for years? And what's your definition of "few?" It's cute that you have an "expert" next to your name but they should probably add "illiterate," next to that as well. According to your argument, 7.45 million people is enough to require a prompt but 7.3 million people is "few." Otherwise, how do you explain the automatic prompt to reconcile the APTC in former years? 

I see how to "mark as best answer," but how do I mark this as "warning, expert is actually a moron with a label in all caps?" And if you offer "this community to help," then what was the point of this comment except to be condescending? How is this for condescending? I could teach my 6 year old to be a "tax expert." You read directions and do simple math. I only use turbo tax because I hate the process. From now on, I will do my taxes by hand and I will still be able to complete them without the help of "tax experts." 

Amen. I already filed a complaint with the better business bureau after I was told I would only receive a refund for part of what I paid. 12 hours later I got a call from "the office of the President of Intuit." All of a sudden I received a full refund. Imagine that. 

You say ask for help, but when you click to talk to an agent for said help,  you have to pay. I use the free edition, I figure, why pay more? I've never had an issue in the past filing my taxes and I've been doing them through turbo tax for about 10 years now. It would be different if I were filing paper forms and sending them in. For a system to prompt you for x amount of years and then abruptly stop is asinine. And even though you have the paperwork, most aren't going to go digging because you would think the tax software would ask like it did before or at least make a mention such as, "Due to the update for the premium tax credit and no longer needing it, we have removed it from our list while filling out your tax forms." At least then, we could have done research before submitting or changed to a tax service that doesn't have a bunch of people with their heads where they dont belong. 🤦‍♀️

I dont know why it added the female symbol after the other emoji. That's lame. Sorry

Here is a link to Intuit BBB and see the complaints.  Please feel free to pile on, let them know the hours spent fixing this issue with your taxes.  These responses from the "experts" are really getting condescending.  Better they not say anything.  No one should pay for this poor help and a refund is the least they should do.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/mountain-view/profile/computer-hardware/intuit-inc-1216-202832

Thank you, I left a negative review on the BBB.

my review left on bbb also.  

So, this whole healthcare 1095a thing and TurboTax is hardcore lacking. Last year I added my 1095a and everything was filed- IRS accepted everything no problems. 
This year when going through the Healthcare.gov prompts, it mentioned I had tax credits that were not reconciled. I didn’t have any idea what that meant. I mean, TurboTax did my taxes, what were they on about? I inputted all my information! 

This year was a more complicated year, being in school, getting married, so many other documents, that I went to a professional instead of doing it on my own. Our refund this year is still in the positive, but way less than we expected! The pro mentioned it’s due to the healthcare market place advanced tax credits. 
I was not completely sold, so I redid my taxes with TurboTax, and when I got to the screen to add my 1095a, I added both my husband and I’d documents, and the refund did not reduce at all. It dawned on me that TurboTax probably didn’t reconcile my tax credits from last year. 
If you had healthcare through the health insurance market place, I would suggest a real professional. I owe money to the US government at this point. Without truly knowing until now. Don’t chance it. 

Seriously. 

Hello all ,i have not noticed any movement on my WMR  tracker however today my transcript updated and if i am reading it correctly i should get my refund 3/23.i am in Texas and i filed 1/31 got my letter on 2/20 and faxed  my stuff over on 2/21 . if the 3/23 date is correct my processing time would have only been about  4 weeks.

joop
Level 2

My return was accepted on Feb 2, it's now March 6, and I'm still waiting for IRS letter asking for my missing 1095A / 8962 forms, so I can correct Tubotax's preparation error. I'm sure IRS is swamped with these botched turbotax returns. I hope I don't get lost in the shuffle. Not much else you can do.

I am in almost the exact same boat as you. I filed on February 1st and still haven't received a letter. Nothing has updated for me since I filed.

I faxed over my forms on 2/14, just updated today with a ddd of 3/11. Said my refund amount changed and I would receive an explanation by the 16th. 

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

The program asks if you had a 1095-A if you use the "step-by-step" interview. If you answer "Yes" the program will generate Form 8962 and reconcile the premium credit. 

If you missed this step, and the IRS sent you a letter concerning Form 8962, do not amend your return, simply follow the directions they sent you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies