Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

I'm sorry, I just saw your response to my question before I asked.

lol

That's crazy, I made my account last month so that I could view everything. I hate when that type of thing happens, I hope you receive them soon and your tax return! This year has been awful, especially with TT lacking any real help when it came to these forms.

That's because if they apologize, they're admitting fault. Gosh forbid they do that!! 🙃

@AHerling13  I don't know why but every year it seems like there's a reason why I can't view my transcripts electronically. I just hope they have everything they need and they finish processing soon. Which I don't know why I'm in a rush now that I've missed my tuition deadline. 

Just talked to the IRS. Mrs. Reynolds informed me that they did get my documents I faxed over. She said they will begin working on the account 10 business days from the day I sent the fax. So that makes it March 9th. She said at that point, they have up to 6 weeks to send a correspondence or I'll get my return, if not sooner but to expect something the week of April 6th. That's my birthday week, so fingers crossed

That’s awesome. I just received my refund from TT. Still waiting on a date from the IRS for my tax refund.

At least theh refunded the money spent. I just hope it doesn't take the full 6 weeks. 

Hi,  I chose the option to have them take the money out of my refund.  Is there a way to not have them do that since they screwed us so badly?

I will never ever use TT again!!!!!! They are fraudulent!!!!!  I am calling the BBB and complaining as well.  You better not charge me when I DO FINALLY GET MY REFUND!!!!  I owe you nothing!

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Please see How to Enter 1095A.  There are hundreds of tax forms and it is not practical to ask about more than the most common items. Few people must file their 1095-A health insurance forms and it is listed under deductions and credits.

On a self prepared tax return, you are expected to enter the tax forms you receive and we do offer this community to help.

Turbo Tax is not legally allowed to handle your refund money, it goes through Santa Barbara Bank, as noted on the paperwork you filled out for the payment to be taken out of your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Please!!!! SMH

Go belittle someone else, TT is screwing tons of people over!!!

@AmyC are you serious right now? FEW PEOPLE?! I have personally seen THOUSANDS if not TENS OF THOUSANDS affected by this crap. But yet TT feels the need to ask about offshore bank accounts, like half of America has one???? Get the hell outta here you sound so ridiculous and the fact that you're trying to play the victim right now is absolutely disgusting. I hope you guys get slapped with yet another class action law suit that puts all of you out of work. Maybe then you'll understand what it's like to be a "lower class few" and to depend on your refund for things like transportation, healthcare, medical bills and tuition. 

As I have mentioned before ... TT dropped the ball on this situation this year.  Even when I specifically say I have medical expenses to enter the program still doesn't take me to that section if I don't have any other expenses to itemize.  For the last 6 years the program stopped EVERYBODY to ask about health insurance and that section had to be completed to file.  Stopping this cold turkey was and is unwise and I cannot believe they still have not added ONE question about the 1095-A in the interview yet even though they can see the havok it caused. 

BUT on the other hand ... as the user of a DIY program some of the responsibility lies with you.  If you have a form in hand and instructions from the ACA to include it on the return then it is your responsibility to at least ask for help to locate the correct place to enter it BEFORE you file. 

@lincas210   If you don’t mind me asking what state are you in ? I’m in Texas and have  your same story , with the exception of me having any type of update better yet a refund date 

@DerryI am also in Texas. Altogether it took about 5 weeks from the time I filed on January 27, received the letter on Feb. 18 and faxed the documents in that same day. It's been a long wait.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies