Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

I filed out the amendment is this the same or should I cancel that and do as you have stayed above?

You should not have filed an amendment return that’s only going to complicate and delay things more. All you should have done is filled out the 8962 and faxed that along with the copy of your 1095. I made mistakes on the 8962 and they informed me that they corrected my mistakes and it actually made my refund go up a little higher. So even if you’re not sure that you filled it out correctly don’t worry because I did it wrong and they fixed it for me. To everyone else DO NOT AMEND THE RETURN it tells you not to do that on the IRS letter. 

You won’t have to wait 8 weeks I faxed my paper in on Feb 10th and I just got my refund deposit date for next Wednesday March 4th so it was only a little over 3 weeks 

kellirott

I am currently filling out my return, they haven't asked about insurance at all yet - do you know how to get it entered?

@kellirott wrote:

I am currently filling out my return, they haven't asked about insurance at all yet - do you

To enter your Form 1095-A -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Medical
  • On Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A), click the start or update button

Or enter 1095-a in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1095-a

kellirott

Thank you so much! This was so helpful! I know that I would never have been prompted to enter this without searching!

Call their hotline and request a refund. Mention that this is a widespread issue that you are aware of, indicate that there are real damages associated with this software flaw and tell them you are considering filing a complaint with the BBB. You should be able to get a refund at least. Then if you are interested in protecting others, file a complaint against the BBB. I have a series of links prepared that can be used to show that Turbo Tax is in violation of their own guarantees. This ultimately is nothing more than an inconvenience for me, but  I hate companies that take advantage of their customers and don't accept responsibility. 

@lawrand24 I agree with you, just keep me post it.

No idea.  But after the revolution, there will be no more Turbo Tax.  We need to overthrow the government.

I went to TurboTax to try and amend my information to compare it with the form I faxed in. I kid you not, there is absolutely no way to get to that page when I click on the revisit tab. It completely skips over that information and a page pops up asking me to pay $180 to upgrade to speak with a live agent for assistance. I tried for over 20 minutes until I clicked the question mark icon at the top. Really Turbotax, you have purposely made it as difficult as possible to locate the forms we need to get us to pay. You are the scum of the earth!!!

Remember the executive board of Turbo Tax when the revolution comes...

If you received a letter from the IRS do EXACTLY what it says. Don't amend your return unless the letter tells you to. Don't mail & FAX unless the letter tells you to. Only send them what the letter says to send them. Doing anything other than what the letter says could just complicate things.

Anyone have a good, networked lawyer on retainer?

Probably not, or we wouldn't be using anything from Intuit.

Same here. You would think if a form that needs to be completed then the software would ask about it. I will not use TurboTax next year.

Same here! They really screwed me over. I just spoke with IRS and was told I would get a letter soon explaining what I needed to do. I know it was that health insurance issue, but when I asked IRS if I should amend my return I was told no. But while I am waiting on so called letter that the IRS is mailing I feel like it would be better just to start amending. I am lost and I feel like TT dropped the ball and caused the confusion. It’s untelling when I will get my refund. I will definitely not use TT again and I have used them for 5 plus years.😖

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies