Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

Filed my ex husband's taxes 2 weeks ago, he filed dependents and got a refund date today for 2/26. Smdh. I filed almost a month ago and still have 2 flipping months to wait because of TT not asking for this form. Absolutely ridiculous. IRS should definitely fine them for all the extra labor their staff now have to go through because of this. 

I meant refund. 2017 tax return was held for random review. I never needed to i.d. verify, send additional information or anything. They just said mine was selected for a random review. The first time was an additional 45 days for them to complete. All on all it was a nightmare. I ended up getting about $45 dollars extra for interest.

I just filed and it didn't ask. What happens next. Thanks

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Did you have IRS form 1095-A?  To enter, follow these instructions. 

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Deductions & credits.
  • Scroll down to Medical.  Click Show more.
  • Under Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A), click Start / Revisit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

(not reading through 109 replies)

I submitted my tax forms via TurboTax on 1/27/20. I only just received notification from my IRS branch on 2/22 that I need to submit a 1095A and associated forms... But I did not purchase health insurance through Covered CA or Marketplace. I have insurance via my employer. 

Im pretty unhappy about this as I was looking forward to paying off a debt in a timely manner with my return. Now itll be another 3 weeks before that happens. Oy...

@drag0nk1tty wrote:

(not reading through 109 replies)

I submitted my tax forms via TurboTax on 1/27/20. I only just received notification from my IRS branch on 2/22 that I need to submit a 1095A and associated forms... But I did not purchase health insurance through Covered CA or Marketplace. I have insurance via my employer. 

Im pretty unhappy about this as I was looking forward to paying off a debt in a timely manner with my return. Now itll be another 3 weeks before that happens. Oy...

If you did not purchase health insurance through one of the state Marketplace Exchanges, then you would never have received a Form 1095-A, so you have nothing to enter.

If you have health insurance through your employer then you should have received a Form 1095-C.  The 1095-C is not entered on a tax return.

There is a phone number on the IRS letter you received in the mail.  Call the IRS on Monday to resolve this issue as the IRS probably has incorrect information on you concerning your health insurance.

@DoninGA Yes, that is correct - did NOT purchase via Marketplace. I did receive a 1095C from Blue Shield. It is very confusing that Turbo Tax didn't even ask about insurance coverage at all, as now the IRS assumes that I have a PTC issue to resolve.

I will most definitely call on Monday. It is just a pain that this even happened to begin with, ya know?

TT HomeBusiness 2019 is telling me that my son has a gap in health insurance and I cannot find where//why it thinks that OR how to fix it.

Bottom Line Is TT Failed Us!! All of my family members who filed after me have DD dates of February 26th, No Fair. Had TT asked about Marketplace insurance I’m sure I would have had no delays in the processing of my return!!! This is BS!

100% correct. The continued passing of the buck is annoying. An apology won't help a darn thing at this point, but at least it's an apology.

I personally ended up going to Taxactonline and paying the $20 to print my tax return that was actually correct!!! Faxed it successfully last Monday, Feb 17th. Does anyone know if you can verify that they received my forms?

@Bennett David 19474 

Unfortunately, if you have a 1095-A form, you will be delayed like the rest of us. I'm currently waiting for my letter so I can get everything in to them.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Did the service provide a way to follow up on your e-file status?

Please check IRS Where’s my refund?

See this IRS news release under heading Most refunds sent in less than 21 days; however, some require further review and take longer.

• “Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, some tax returns require additional review and take longer to process than others.”
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The exclusion of this step is very troublesome . Although there is no penalty, the IRS still wants it. In my case I didn’t see place to enter info for 1095a or 8962 and I passed turbo taxes checks soo thought I was ok . However this actually flagged my account for review with IRS  . I now have to submit this information and I’m looking at an up to 8 week processing  time once these forms are received before I can hope to receive my refund . 

For anyone finding this thread....

For 2019 it is now listed under Deductions instead of a separate tab.

To enter your Form 1095-A -

Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)

Deductions and Credits

Scroll down to Medical

On Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A), click the start or update button

Where to enter 1095A

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/credits-and-deductions/help/where-do-i-enter-my-1095-a/00/26456

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies