Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

Still broken on TurboTax's end. We should be able to eFile before the 29th. Case in point - other people on this thread without Schedule C's are able to eFile through TT. Here is the note from the IRS comment that you linked to:
"Although the IRS will not officially begin accepting and processing tax returns until Jan. 29, people do not need to wait until then to work on their taxes if they're using software companies or tax professionals. For example, most software companies accept electronic submissions and then hold them until the IRS is ready to begin processing later this month."

I am also having issues filing my return. Received the same message as others. Tried multiple times and product is up to date.

My wife and I have several Schedule C business income as well as W2 wage income. Have used TT for 15+ and our tax situation has never changed. I have always filed between 1/22 - 1/26 without issue even though the IRS may not begin officially accepting returns until after a certain date, say 1/29. Like a user posted, even TT own documentation states you can submit anytime but the IRS will not OFFICIALLY start ACCEPTING refunds until 1/29.  

Sad TT has not emailed users of their internal issues. A quick email just advising me they are aware of the issue and working on it would personally go a long way with me. Been a loyal TT user for a long time and like their platform but I do NOT like when companies DODGE issues and manipulate the situation. It's not acceptable and there ARE plenty of alternatives. 

Delete it completely and you should be able to efile. I deleted the entry completely and it now allows me the option to e-file. Hope this helps!

This worked for me, thank you!! Now I am able to e-file. 

Delete turbo tax? 

Delete what entry?

Delete what ?

You were always able to efile just not with a schedule c.. 

Wp17

Some forms may not be finalized and authorized by the IRS until shortly after they start accepting returns. Sometimes if you wait a few days and try again, you will be able to e-file. In 2022 for me it was forms 8960 or 8995 even though they did not apply to my return. 

What did you delete?

It’s definitely a TT issue. I went to an hr block today know someone there we entered everything and was showing efile is available. Just don’t want to pay their prices when I normally do myself with TT. She said they have been doing a lot of them for people having this same issue with TT

This is crazy - anyone from TT care to help us?  

@David 101 wrote:

This is crazy - anyone from TT care to help us?  

There was a software update release yesterday that should have removed this problem.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen and then click on Check for Updates.

Did that - no help.  Updated the latest release, still the same message 

@David 101 wrote:

Did that - no help.  Updated the latest release, still the same message 

OK...Thanks I will forward this to the TurboTax Moderators.  No guarantee that this will be resolved soon since the developers have to make the changes

Thank you 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies