Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The question is, Did you make any money from interest. How would I know? Also it says I might have a Form 1099-INT, but I only have the Form 1099-R. Are they the same?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

The question is, Did you make any money from interest. How would I know? Also it says I might have a Form 1099-INT, but I only have the Form 1099-R. Are they the same?

If you made money the bank would send you a 1099int each 1099 is for something different, The letter or letters after it tell you what it is for and as fill out your tax forms they will ask for what they need. Usually if you did not get one you don't need to worry about it.

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

If you have a bank account that pays interest on any savings or other types of account, the bank will send you a 1099-INT if the amount is over $10. You can also look at your end of the year statement. It is taxable income, even if it is less than $10.

A 1099-INT and 1099-R are completely different. A 1099-R reports retirement income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies