turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

SamS1
Expert Alumni

The IRS has not taken my bank payment. How can I make sure my payment information is correct?

Check you Federal Filing instructions in TurboTax.  From your Tax Home scroll down to "Your tax returns & documents" and select 2020.  Select download/print return.  Review the pdf for your electronic filing instructions and you should see the date and banking information for your direct debit.

You can also get a free transcript of your 2020 return through IRS.gov.   There you can check on your return progress and see if any holds or codes are indicated. Click here to access your tax return information

If everything looks good with your banking information and there are no problems with your transcript, the IRS has till 5/17 to take your payment.  Keep watching your bank account.  

The IRS has not taken my bank payment. How can I make sure my payment information is correct?

Thank you.  I will check the IRS link you included in this update.  - Rob.

Yeah again all of my info is there. State withdrew from my account quite fast. The date I selected to debit from my account was 4/5/2021. It's 4/13 now.

I am trying to make certain my routing and bank info is correct as well and when I go into my return, there is no instruction page at the beginning of my return like there has been in the past. So as of now I do not know how I am supposed to check the routing number or if the date is correct for the payment selection. Any ideas?

MayaD
Expert Alumni

You can check your scheduled or pending payments and other account information on the IRS View Your Account Information site.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I ran into this issue the other day.

When you log onto Turbo Tax. Scroll down on the home page when you log in... and click "add state"

Obviously you wont "add another state"

But now on the left hand side you can see "Tax tools"

Click "Print Center"

Print your return and make sure to add the "Optional Turbo Tax Worksheets"

It should be there with the instructions and cover page.

And..... the IRS hasn't taken my money out either. Makes me nervous.

:(

When did you submit your return and what payment date did you enter?

I'm having the same issue. Filed on Apr 4th with same day payment date. IRS still hasn't debited my account

carlino2015
Returning Member

Same problem here, efiled on 4/3 with debit scheduled for the same day. Both state and federal were accepted and state (AZ) was withdrawn from my account the next day... 12 days later, no federal withdrawal yet.

I sat on hold with IRS EFTPS for over an hour to be told they have no additional information.

Same issue here - It is now 4 days past the date I selected for withdrawal, and so far nothing.  All banking info is correct.  Now that I read others are having the same issue, I guess I am a little less nervous (but still concerned).  

I provided same banking info for payment of federal and state taxes on same date while e-filing.  State tax owing was debited but federal not.  Called IRS and they told me they have no info on my payment...

We apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot process your request, please close your browser for security reasons.

This is the error I get when I try to setup an IRS account.
Their [phone number removed] has no option to speak to anyone.

I am having the same issue. Accepted by State and IRS on April 5th . The state took it out but the IRS still has not debited my account.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

In a normal season, the IRS will debit your account on the date you specified or soon after.  We have had several reports of the IRS not debiting accounts on the scheduled date. Just be patient -- the IRS will take your money! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

UPDATE

Finally got through to the IRS and they told me they are far behind on processing accepted returns and they said give it a few days. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies