turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes

I filed like I always with your guys. Scan my W2 and I double check to make sure everything is correct. I was due for a certain amount and the IRS adjusted it saying something about a depend. I’m single no children, filed as single and never had an depend since I was able to file. Can never get a hold of the IRS since they so “busy”. What can I do ? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NateTheGrEAt
Employee Tax Expert

Taxes

Hi AllHope09_

Sorry to hear you got a letter from the IRS. I know that can be frustrating. 

I would recommend contacting one of our TurboTax Live Experts. They can help you review the notice and understand what the IRS is saying. Use the following link. 

TurboTax Support Contact Us Page – Get Help from TurboTax (intuit.com)

Experts are available from 5 AM to 5 PM Monday-Friday. Be sure to have the notice the IRS sent to you, available when you call. We'll help you get it figured out!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

17 Replies
NateTheGrEAt
Employee Tax Expert

Taxes

Hi AllHope09_

Sorry to hear you got a letter from the IRS. I know that can be frustrating. 

I would recommend contacting one of our TurboTax Live Experts. They can help you review the notice and understand what the IRS is saying. Use the following link. 

TurboTax Support Contact Us Page – Get Help from TurboTax (intuit.com)

Experts are available from 5 AM to 5 PM Monday-Friday. Be sure to have the notice the IRS sent to you, available when you call. We'll help you get it figured out!

Taxes

That is one of the list of generic reasons they give if they changed the Recovery rebate credit on line 30.  How much is on 1040 line 30?

Did you receive the full amount for both the first 2 Stimulus payments?  Better check your 1040 line 30 and see if an amount is listed.  That's been a problem.  A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payments or got the second one after you filed.  Or you might have answered the Stimulus questions wrong and tried to claim it again or some more on line 30.  So the IRS took it off because you already got it.  They know they sent it to you.

Taxes

I received a letter in the mail saying they weren’t taxing the stimulus payments. All of this is so confusing. Never had any issues filing my taxes until this pandemic. 

Taxes

The Stimulus payments are not taxed.  But you might have tried to get them again as a credit on line 30.   Did you already get the 1,200 for the first Stimulus and 600 for the second round?   How much is on your 1040 line 30?

Suhi1965

Taxes

would like to do my taxes online

Taxes

Carlos451
Returning Member

Taxes

I need to do my taxes

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Taxes

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

@Carlos451

Fewjbird2
Returning Member

Taxes

Can I filled  in about my taxes for 2021

Fewjbird2
Returning Member

Taxes

I didn't  do my tax yet with turbo taxes I would like to  do them now please thank you 

Fewjbird2
Returning Member

Taxes

Can I do my taxes now with turbo tax I need the information to fell in my taxes from my w2 from ok

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Taxes

If you have your W2, yes, you can certainly fill in your tax return. Here is where you can compare Turbo Tax Online Products for tax year 2021 and determine which one is right for you!

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, and if the above information doesn't answer your concern, would you please clarify your question?

@Fewjbird2

Claire
Returning Member

Taxes

2021taxes

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Taxes

Can you clarify what you need help with for your 2021 taxes?

@Claire

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies