turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Refund & Stimulus check

Here's a new one.  I filed my taxes saturday 4/11.  I wanted to make sure and get them done before the stimulus checks went out because I was newly Head of Household in 2019 from married filing joint.  My return was accepted that saturday.  Come Tuesday 4/14, I noticed the stimulus check direct deposited to my account - although an odd amount that seemed to be based on "single" status, not Head of household, I was pleased to get it.  I didn't notice at the time if it was a pending transaction.

Today I went on my account and found my tax refund for 2019 had been deposited yesterday.  It was substantial, almost double what the stimulus deposit was.  But the original deposit for the stimulus last week was gone.  No evidence it ever existed.  Does anyone know what the issue is?  Why would they do that?  Did their system freak out because I got two deposits.   I tried googling every scenario but there's nothing helpful.  Anyone heard anything?  Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

So it sounds like your tax refund was definitely received, but the pending deposit (possibly the stimulus) never went through. Have you received the stimulus payment since you posted? If not, have you checked the IRS Get My Payment tool to check the status? 

The IRS rolled out the "Get My Payment" tool here. According to IRS.gov, you can use the "Get My Payment" application to:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if the IRS doesn't  have your direct deposit information and if they haven't sent your payment yet.
  • Receive paper check payments: If you moved since you last filed, let us know your new mailing address.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

thanks for the response.  I did check the "check my payment" which gave me the rote response of we can't determine your payment.  However, last monday I did finally receive my direct deposit - and the amount was accurate.  I have no idea what went down, but it's all good now.  

I have not received my 2018 return still. 
and as for the stimulus payment I have not gotten anything as well.

It comes up unavailable so I tried the free filers after the application was accepted 24 hours later. I received an email that I needed to fill in the I.P #
I don’t have a I.p # nor does my 2 year old son 

I am very confused why out of the several limited phone #s I’have called to find the issue or to understand it for that matter. 
I’m begging for someone to make sense of all this please. Sincerely Tiffany Richards.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies