turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Audit Issue

Does anyone have an issue getting their Tax Audit Certificate, after purchase through Turbo Tax? I received an order number. I received a conformation number. What I do not have, is the 2019 Certificate. I have certificate from 2009 - 2018, but not 2019, even though it was purchased. The folks at Tax Audit point the finger back at Turbo Tax, saying TT has not sent or transferred over the files and data on the purchases. When I call Turbo Tax, they have no idea what Tax Audit wants. Both are pointing the finger at each other. Tax Audit says they cannot do anything, until Turbo Tax completes the data transfer. This is frustrating, and we the customer, are in the middle, with a credit card charged, but no certificate. Turbo Tax, are you hear and listening?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Tax Audit Issue

Yes! When you purchase Audit Defense with your return, is should show up in your account. Here is a link to check your order number.

A phone agent should be able to see your order, if it was paid. You can purchase audit defense separately. All orders should show.

Where is the Audit Defense Certificate

Turbo Tax Annual Audit Defense Membership Agreement

Your order number should be sufficient.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax Audit Issue

We have been back and forth on the phone and email with Tax Audit and Turbo Tax. FINALLY someone figured out (and admitted) that an entire day's worth of purchases and transactions did NOT transfer over from Turbo Tax to Tax Audit. Apparently a little known fact.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies