Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Stimulus check and bank info showing on my return

I entered mines 4015 Covington hwy apt x3 and then entered state and zip in other boxes.

No, what is ridiculous is, turbo tax advertising that you can register with them to sign up for your stimulus payment, they ask you for your bank info in the process bug when you print your simple return that is submitted by turbo tax, you don th see your bank info on your return, all you see are 1xx, when you know without doubt that you submitted your bank info, can you explain that

It's not the point of being ungrateful, it's the point of false advertisement and tricking people into using your software, you sons of biches !!!!!!

It’s better to have the apps that they have. I can see everything on the app

They get exactly what you are talking about, they are just trying to evade the issue of them falsely advertising stimulus registration

They understand exactly what you are saying, they are trying to evade the issue of false advertisement by turbo tax

It's not the point of being patient, this has nothing to do with the IRS, its turbo tax falsely advertising a way to register for a stimulus check and asking for your bank info but when you download the return that you had no idea you were filing, your bank info is not on the return, all you see are xxx's, sounds like some kind of fraud to me

Well I hope you be standing in line with your app when the world news contacts turbo tax

wes10jim
Returning Member

If I filed on turbo tax and owed additional tax and put in my bank info so that the IRS could make a direct debit from my bank account, will that update my bank info with the IRS for the purpose of getting my stimulus payment?

You weren't getting a refund. This is the problem, you thought you did the correct thing.

Alas, I don't think they receive the bank ID stuff in this case.  You need to check this out some more.

jlaird04
Returning Member

I have this same question. I filed as, married filing jointly in 2018 and we owed taxes, so we put our bank info in to have it  debited from our bank account. Now we both are getting the same "status not available" msg on the irs website to check and no stimulus check still.  So, does the irs not have our direct deposit from that? Also, if not I dont see how we can add it because the error on the website doesn't have anywhere to do it. 

@jlaird04   The following is from the IRS.

You didn't get a federal tax refund in 2018 or 2019

Even if you filed your 2018 or 2019 taxes electronically, that doesn't mean the IRS can direct-deposit the money into your bank account. You must have also received a refund in those years via direct deposit to get the money delivered automatically.

The IRS is not using bank account information it may have used to withdraw from your account if you owed money.

The IRS app Get Your Payment is have issues right now.  Since it updates only once a day, maybe try to enter your bank information tomorrow or next day.

@jlaird04 Also see the following from the IRS about using the Get My Payment.

Update your bank account or mailing address

2019 Filers: We will send your payment using the information you provided with your 2019 tax return. You will not be able to change it.

You should still try to enter your banking information.  The IRS app updates once a day & it may work for you in a day or so.  Some people have had luck with getting the information in but it took them a couple days.

I do not believe you can give your bank info on 1040 to have the IRS take out the tax owed from your bank.  I've never heard of that!  The stimulus checks are a large part of these discussions.  You enter your bank account data onto your 1040...alas if you owe tax money, the bank account data does NOT get to the IRS.  Lots of people are in this same boat.  The IRS doesn't have the bank ID when the taxpayer thinks it does.

jlaird04
Returning Member

we have received refunds in years past with the same bank account information, but the last few years we have owed taxes and had the money withdrawn from our bank account. We have not filed this years taxes however, we are waiting with the deadline extended. If that means, as you said, that the irs is not using that bank information we used to have taxes owed withdrawn, then that means we need to update our direct deposit info on the tool the irs has up. However, there is no way to do that since we only keep getting the same error message for 3 days now. I also did pull up my 2018 pdf file for taxes and notice in the bank account/checking info there are all XXXs. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies