turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

State Tax is Not Working on TurboTax Deluxe 2019 Windows 10 (Amazon Purchase) *SOLVED*

Hi,

Purchased Turbotax Deluxe 2019 downloaded version from Amazon.

On the State Tax section I am defaulted to "Turbotax State Download".

I click Start for my state (California) and it prompts

"Let's Download and Install Your States"

I Click OK

"Getting Your state"

"Your software is up to date". 

But the screen doesn't change and remains at the Turbotax State Download sub-section of State Taxes. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling mulitple times.

Federal refund shows up fine

For my state of California it stays stuck at "See Amount". 

Thoughts?

-----------

Think I figured out a solution.

I had old versions (Turbotax 2016-2018 installed, not sure if related) that were still on my PC. 

1) I uninstalled them.

2) I uninstalled Turabotax 2019 and did a fresh install. I got further this time around but found an error message with "wcaiper". Didn't know what it was.

3) Googling around I found this thread:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/msi-wra[product key removed]-installi...

I ran through the solutions.

The "Microsoft Fix-it Tool" did it for me. I selected I had an "installation" problem and selected "wcaiper". It uninstalled it for me. 

I re-ran Turbotax 2019 and NOW my California downloaded properly and shows up.

Good luck to everyone else who needs a solution. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

State Tax is Not Working on TurboTax Deluxe 2019 Windows 10 (Amazon Purchase) *SOLVED*

Brandi417! Think I figured out a solution. I updated my main post.

Good luck.

I had old versions (Turbotax 2016-2018 installed, not sure if related) that were still on my PC. 

1) I uninstalled them.

2) I uninstalled Turabotax 2019 and did a fresh install. I got further this time around but found an error message with "wcaiper". Didn't know what it was.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/msi-wra[product key removed]-installi...

The "Microsoft Fix-it Tool" did it for me. I selected I had an "installation" problem and selected "wcaiper". It uninstalled it for me. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Do you happen to have a Mac?  Is the latest iOS updates installed?  Have you also tried restarting?

If you do have a Mac, try the below steps from one of our Super Users:

California Download Loop Issue Troubleshooting

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the comment

Windows 10 unfortunately :(

Updated title to reflect the windows OS

Looked through the directories anyway and couldn't find a zip file. 

Brandi417

I am having the same issue with TurboTax 2019 that I purchased on Amazon.com

All it does is act like it's going to download my state form, then proceed to tell me my program is up to date.

Purchased on January 28th of 2020

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Customer support can better assist you with troubleshooting your issues.

Please contact customer support by following the instructions below.  

Contact customer support  

You can also contact us at (800) 446-8848.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brandi417! Think I figured out a solution. I updated my main post.

Good luck.

1) I uninstalled them.

cluecheck

I called turbotax, and they weren't really helpful. 

Deleting old versions worked me. 

mps3
Level 1

After using other posted solutions which did not work, using the "Microsoft Fix-it Tool" was the solution.  Too bad it took me 4 hours of searching and trying other solutions to finally get it resolved.  I'm not impressed with the Intuit response to this issue since there seems to be a number of us who have experienced it.  Their posted solution of using TTStateClenanup was a joke.  It did absolutely nothing!

JEOcean

It's seems to be stuck in the "get your state loop."

Even though I have already paid for this, it asked for payment again but we never got past updating.

Additionally, I tried submitting last week when completed and after 8 tries uninstalled and reinstalled it with no better results. 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

If you have the state program download on your computer (normally in your download file), you may be able to click on it when your TurboTax is not running, and that will normally load up your TurboTax program with the state program installed. 

The state program will be called "Individual (name of state)", and it is an '.exe" file, in case you can't find it in your download file and have to search for it.

fw_man

Thank you sergeipoo!

It works using the Microsoft fix tool...I was able to do my state taxes....Thank you! thank you!

This also worked on the problem with e-filing CA state tax returns -- the endless loop of must-download-updates, but when you try to update, it's already up-to-date.   I tried the other solutions, including the one posted here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/s[product key removed]mit-my-return-for-ca-state-... all to no avail.  Just as I was getting ready to print and file a paper return (and accept I wasted $24.99!), uninstalling wcaiper worked.  Thank you!!!

mivey74
Returning Member

You can delete the Form 5805 - Go to Tax Tools / Tools on the left side, and "Delete a Form".  This will make your underpayment penalty be from evenly spread income over the tax year.

payley2

Hey sergeipoo - I followed your advise exactly and uninstalling wcaiper using the Microsoft Fix-it Tool" worked for me too.  Thank you for sharing the detailed solution!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies