turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tony103
Returning Member

starting turbotax

I just downloaded Turbotax 2020 from CD and imported last years turbotax return.  When I pressed "begin"

it told me I decided to do an individual return.   System seems to jump around and skip areas

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

starting turbotax

Try running a program update first.

Tony103
Returning Member

starting turbotax

Thanks, If you mean the tax update, I did that before I started.  Used the back arrow to get thru the 1st section. on W2s now, will see how it goes

starting turbotax

Sounds like you have the Home & Business version?  On Windows?  That first gives you the choice to prepare an individual return or the W2s/1099 for your employees and Contract Labor.

I have Windows Home & Business too.  If you get stuck please ask. 

ps.......On the Windows Desktop program you have to manually save.  It doesn't automatically save although it should ask if you want to save when you start a new return or exit the program.

Be sure to save frequently, go up to File-Save or Save As.  Save each return with a name you can tell apart from another one.  Especially if another return has the same name or initial.  Like a father and son.  Or if you have the same name the second return might overwrite the first one.  

The tax returns end in .tax2020 and should be saved in your Documents then in a Turbo Tax folder.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies