turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

trojman

Should my 1099-MISC that is under my name, go under our LLC?

My wife and I have an LLC and have elected to file as a qualified joint venture. We have three 1099s, one under my name, one under her name, and one under the LLC. For my 1099, do I list the business name as my own and include my 1099 and half of the income from the 1099 made out to the LLC? Or do I have to put the business name as the LLC and include my 1099 and half of the income from the other? It appears to me that if I do that, I am overstating the income.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Its really a matter of what the 1099s were issued for. Are they all issued for the same business activity that is related to the LLC you have? or for other, side work, or freelance work you do, that's different than the line of work your LLC is for. All income related to the same business activity should be reported on the same Schedule C.

trojman

Yes, they were issued for the same business activity. The company that paid us required us to become an LLC as opposed to sole proprietors midway through the year. With that said, since the work didn't change, can the 1099s go under my SSN or should it go under the EIN for the LLC?

Ok, thanks. So report the 1099s against the same line of work within TurboTax, entering the information exactly as it is listed on the 1099s. As long as all the income was for the same type of activity, you're fine.

I received my 2019 1099 under my SSN vs. my LLC from which my business taxes were filed.  I reached out to the vendor whom I worked for a corrective form who told me to contact IRS.  Is this correct?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies