Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bkcanady

Should I subtract 1099-NEC amounts from my Quickbooks Gross Income, since these payments were recorded using Quickbooks invoicing?

When filling out income, Turbotax asks for 1099-NEC info but I think it's already included in the Quickbooks Gross Profits because I invoice all my customers. So should I subtract 1099-NEC info from Gross Profits and enter 1099-NEC , or skip entering 1099-NEC info? Confused in Columbus!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Should I subtract 1099-NEC amounts from my Quickbooks Gross Income, since these payments were recorded using Quickbooks invoicing?

Ok ... all you need to enter is the total income ... you can skip using the 1099-NEC screens as it is there only for your use ... all the IRS wants is the total income on the Sch C.  Entering in the income in pieces is NOT required ... so if you have the total just enter the total in the other income section. 

other income 2020.png

bkcanady

Thank you so much! That's what I was thinking, otherwise, I would be counting the 1099's twice.

Correct.  Since you are keeping good records you don't need to use that breakdown section ... just enter the total once. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies