Section 179

I am trying to take a Section 179 deduction for equipment purchased for job. Previous years of Turbo Tax let you make a selection of 179. How do you do that selection in TurboTax Premiere 2017?

Section 179

Hello,

If your asset qualifies for the 179 deduction, you will be able to select that option. Here's where to find that section and enter the information:

1. Type sch c in the search bar and click search.
2. Click on Jump to sch c.
3. Edit your business.
4. At the Your XXX Business screen, scroll down to Business Assets and click start/edit.
5. Continue with the onscreen interview and TurboTax will ask you if you qualify to tax the Section 179 deduction.

Here's some additional information as well:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3673083-section-179-expense-deduction-disallowed-what-does-this-me...

Section 179

There is no option or questions for me to access section 179.  I have tried for hours and searched for an answer and nothing.  Do I need a business version of turbo tax?   I just want to write off the laptop I purchased for my small home business.

Section 179

Premier should be able to handle this transaction.  Try these steps.

• At the screen Your property assets, click Edit for the asset to be edited.
  • Continue through the screens until you reach How do you want to deduct this item?
  • Click on I’ll deduct the full value of the item this year.
  • At the screen Asset Summary, click on Show Details to see the section 179 deduction.