Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Schwab import fails

Thanks for the info. So did mine, though I had to delete everything I had previously imported from Schwab and do it from scratch. But at least it worked.

Schwab import fails

I saw this work above and it just worked for me: Type your username in wrong, it gives you a different error. Then type it in correct username with correct password and it works. I have tried logging in for days, then saw this worked for someone above and it worked first try for me. Good luck.

jkrmdim

Schwab import fails

I have successfully downloaded from Schwab in print my 1099-B form, but on turbotax, using correct username and password I get "Login is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or call customer service."  I have been getting this same message multiple times a day since Feb18th.  Schwab hasn't found any problem on their end....

Schwab import fails

I don't even get a sign on screen. I did for Fidelity but not for Schwab.

Schwab doesn't know why that happens and they're not happy with how TurboTax is dealing and neither am I. I spent 14 minutes trying to deal with a TurboTax phone system that is bound and determined to make you do not get to EVER talk to a human being.

If I have to enter this stuff manually TurboTax is going to lose at least one customer. This is pure BS on their part.

Schwab import fails

What do you do when TurboTax Deluxe doesn't give you a sign in screen to access Schwab data?

Schwab import fails

It does the same thing to me, if you find out how to make it work please post it here and I will do likewise.

Schwab import fails

There is nothing at that link that addresses the problem of TurboTax failing to allow download of Schwab data.

Schwab import fails

When do you plan on doing an update to allow users of the CD program to log into Schwab and download their 1099 files? Right now you don't even get a sign on screen.

I DO NOT want to put all that stuff in manually....that's why I bought your program.

Please advise when (if ever) you plan on fixing this issue.

Schwab import fails

Beware of all the "solutions".  I'm not convinced there really are any.  

There are hundreds, maybe thousands of us trying everything we can think of to get the import to work.  Eventually it does, and whatever the lucky user tried last is credited with the win.  

But in many, and maybe all cases, it's just a coincidence.  An anecdote.  "I did X, and it worked."   Anecdotes can be useful especially when they accumulate and a pattern emerge.  In my case  I didn't do anything except keep trying and eventually it just worked.  No clue why.  Quitting TT between tries was not necessary.

A genuine solution is one that can be reliably reproduced.  Do X, it works.  Fail to do X, the import fails.  I have not seen any such solution.  

Granted, third-party access has to be turned on at Schwab.  I'm sure that no one has a successful import without that.  But most of us likely had that turned on to begin with.   I have seen nothing to convince me this is a Schwab problem and not squarely in Intuit's court.

Schwab import fails

I agree completely. If nothing else, this year has shown TurboTax customer support is a joke.

Schwab import fails

I (and many others) have gotten that message repeatedly. In my case, after 10-20 tries over the weekend all ending with your result, I was successful at 7:30AM EST last Monday. Based on my experience, I believe the issue is bandwidth ie you are allowed to pass through the gateway when no one else is trying. (Assuming of course you have given Schwab permission to release your info to 3rd parties)  

Schwab import fails

Feb 2022
This has recurred and I have followed all of the recommended authorizations in the above response.

Schwab import fails

Well I finally got fed up with TurboTax fixing anything and just entered everything manually....only took 8 hours.

And no I'm NOT at all happy with that. The reason I buy TurboTax is to avoid having to do that.

Intuit has a lot of work to do between now and next tax season beginning with their Customer Service and program support.

Schwab import fails

For some reason it's trying to take me thru a different path (via Intuit Acct) for Schwab downloads vs other firms which were straightforward.  When I select continue to import, I get a pop-up login screen, but am unable to enter my schwab credentials (pop-up box isn't working).  Clearly a TT problem, almost March and it feels like a beta level still.  ☹️

Schwab import fails

Just spent 2 hours with TurboTax customer service. They admitted it is probably their fault, but could not help me or correct the problem.   I will not use TurboTax again. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies