Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

School District Residency Dates

I keep getting an error when entering the residency dates for my OH state taxes. I was a full time resident and entered 01/01/2023-12/31/2023, but it is still telling me that does not account for 365 days. I’m not sure what else to enter at this point. Help!

Thank you

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Try exiting and re-booting TurboTax, and then try it again.  Sometimes it resets that way. 

I have logged out and back in several times. Still get the error. I’m not sure what other dates to enter considering that accounts for the full year. It’s very frustrating! Thank you for the tip. 🙂

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Try this.  Remove your existing school district tax information. To do this in TurboTax Online: 

1. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  2. On the  Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown on the right side of the State Taxes box, then select StartContinue, Pick up where you left off, or Review/Edit
  3. If the  You've already got a head start on state taxes screen appears, select Let's get started.  If the Status of your state returns screen appears, select Edit to the right of Ohio 
  4. On the  Your 2023 Ohio taxes are ready for us to check screen, select Edit to the right of Other situations
  5. On the  A few things before we wrap up your state taxes screen, select Revisit to the right of Ohio school district taxes
  6. On the  Your school district taxes screen, select Delete to the right of your school district number
  7. Select  Yes on the Delete Confirmation screen
  8. Answer appropriately on the Let's figure out if you need to file school district taxes screen, then select Continue
  9. Proceed through the following screens, entering all appropriate information
  10. Make sure that, on the Residency dates for School District [####] screen, you enter 01/01/2023 in the From field, and 12/31/2023 in the To field, then select Continue
  11. On the  Your school district taxes screen, select Done

If the issue should recur:

1. Select Your State Returns in the left pane
  2. On the  Status of your state returns screen, select the trashcan to the right of Ohio
  3. Select  Delete on the confirmation popup
  4. Back on the Status of your state returns screen, select + Add another State and re-enter your Ohio information
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies