Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule E Importing issue from Quicken

I am importing into Turbotax without issue in general.  However, when the Schedule E data imports into TT it creates 2 new Schedule E's. I have two schedule E's already set up in Turbotax because  I imported and used Turbotax last year. The data should import into each already set up Schedule E using tags and copy numbers (there is a Quicken article that speaks to this)  But instead it creates two new schedule E's.  Making me have a total of 4 schedule E's.  I have troubleshooted this for some time now.  I have double checked my tags and copy numbers.  The schedule E data should just plug into the two schedules already in the return just as it did last year.  Please help! 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@withmiranda  I have figured out how to get them to import correctly. Do not import them from the file menu with all your other data. If you do import there just deselect your rental property data.   Go into the rental property interview process & when you select one of your properties TT will ask you if you want to import data for that property after i ask you a few other questions.    TT will pop up the Quicken file to import from. Select your file and import. It will populate your property data separately  (make sure you have your tags & copy numbers done correctly) I have two properties. So I selected the property I was working on.  And it imported it correctly inot the Schedule E and into the Sch E worksheet.  Finish working on that property and when you get to your next property you will get to that import screen again and just repeat.  I am in shock that it finally worked, I have been trying to figure this out for years. I don't think this separate area to import within the interview process was there in previous years.... or maybe I am knuts.  I just dont know but so glad it is working for me now. I hope this helps you!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

WOW!!! THIS COMMUNITY MUST NOT BE MODERATED.... WHAT'S THE POINT!

@ pnored  

Sorry you're having trouble getting your thread answered in this user community forum.   There are so many posts in this user forum that sometimes one's question can get "lost" in the queue and move on out of sight.   Plus, a thread has to be seen by someone who is familiar with that particular issue and can contribute to the discussion.  There are going to be fewer folks familiar with that issue of duplicated Schedule E's after you import from Quicken into TurboTax and try to get the data to line up with the 2 Schedule E's you already have in your return that transferred-in from last year.

The fact that you responded to your own thread, however, has moved it back up in the queue.  So it has some visibility again, and it's possible someone may assist you today if the right person sees it who can comment on it.  There are also some TurboTax employees who post during the day who may see your question. .

Are these rental properties?    I'm going to ask forum Champ @ Carl ,who is familiar with rental properties and Schedule E,  to look at this thread during the day to see if he has anything to add to the thread.  I don't know if he's familiar with importing rental property data from Quicken or not.

Otherwise, if you are not receiving help in the user community forum, here's how to phone TurboTax Support during business hours.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

@mesquitebean    Thank-you! Glad I reposted. Yes, these are rental properties.  I look forward to possibly getting some more information/troubleshooting here. I have continued to work on my return and I can enter the data manually but would still like to look into this more as the convenience of data import is very important to me. I had contacted one number but got a message and then was disconnected. I didn't pursue anymore after that.  I will use the contact info you gave me here if I don't get some resolution in a few days.

Thanks again!

Parrish 

Its certainly disconcerting that no one replied with any support to this issue. Now, a year later, in Turbotax 2022, I am having the same issue. Multiple rental properties with tags and copy numbers imported into Turbotax where those properties are present from previous years, the individual property data are not landing in the correct Sch E wks and some are forming new wks. All tags and copy numbers have been double checked. 

No one knows why this is happening or how to fix it.  Intuit no longer supports Quicken.  You may have to input your data from Quicken by typing it in yourself.  Perhaps Quicken support can help you with your issue.

Honestly, this happens  often. I'm a long time user of Quicken and there are kinks and bugs that happen & they rarely get resolved.  Calling support and spending 2 or 3 hours rarely ends in a resolution. I spent hours on this very issue reading & troubleshooting. I just enter them in manually now. Everything else in my return imports but I enter Sch E separately. I use Quicken because I can do personal & my rental properties together. If not for that I would have probably given up on Quicken a long time ago. But I have hope that things will improve and things have over the years. Quicken has so much potential to be great!

Parrish 

Quicken is now a separate company - not Intuit so if you have a problem post on the Quicken forum. . Intuit only has Quickbooks and Mint now. 

Really? Doesn't intuit own TurboTax.  This is an issue with TurboTax and Quicken compatibility.  It seems both would want to know.  And I am no computer programmer, but it seems everything is okay on the Quicken side and TurboTax screws up the transfer. But I really don't know. However, it is well documented over on the Quicken boards as well. I am quite active there too. I mean it really doesn't matter where you post it as I said before its roll of the dice as to if anyone ever looks into or even know how too fix complex issues. 

@pnored  Intuit sold Quicken to private investors almost 7 years ago.....but Intuit does own Quicjen 

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3041032/intuit-sells-quicken-to-private-equity-firm-in-managem...

The issue is most assuredly a Turbo Tax issue. The Quicken tax report is fine. But the import ignores the Sch E forms from previous year and sets up new forms. So the depreciation remains in the original forms and the Quicken import lands in the new forms. I did discover something that wasn't required last year, which is a copy number in the tag list which is supposed to be what relates to the Turbo Tax property ID. However, I never had to use that before. Now those are set up and the issue remains.

@withmiranda Yep i noted the same thing in my hours of troubleshooting on my own.  It did nothing to help the issue however. And yes, it does the exact thing to me. It moves the depreciation over just not line item expenses. So I just enter those manually now. .  Im tired of people telling me Quicken is not owned by Intuit. Im aware. I think this is a Turbotax issue but it doesn't matter as it want get resolved. We just need to be fully aware that Intuit does not own Quicken apparently  🤣  

@withmiranda  I have figured out how to get them to import correctly. Do not import them from the file menu with all your other data. If you do import there just deselect your rental property data.   Go into the rental property interview process & when you select one of your properties TT will ask you if you want to import data for that property after i ask you a few other questions.    TT will pop up the Quicken file to import from. Select your file and import. It will populate your property data separately  (make sure you have your tags & copy numbers done correctly) I have two properties. So I selected the property I was working on.  And it imported it correctly inot the Schedule E and into the Sch E worksheet.  Finish working on that property and when you get to your next property you will get to that import screen again and just repeat.  I am in shock that it finally worked, I have been trying to figure this out for years. I don't think this separate area to import within the interview process was there in previous years.... or maybe I am knuts.  I just dont know but so glad it is working for me now. I hope this helps you!

Brilliant. Thanks so much for figuring that out. Wishing Quicken company would give that answer to so many of us seeking it. I'm happy!

@withmiranda  Honestly I don't know why they didn't know the answer.  And i posted a couple of times about it. But hopefully now if this issue comes up they can help now if they see this thread OR at least if someone encounters this issue they can do a search in the the community and find the thread. I think the thread subject would be something a user would type in a search of the community  in if they were having this issue.

Wonder what is going on with the last property? It just didn't populate in the list when you downloaded in the interview process?  Maybe double check your copy numbers and tags.  I am so glad that you are happy and that it worked out better for you though!!! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies