Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Return rejected for "potential issue with the calculation of your Taxable Inherited IRA," but I don't have an inherited IRA.

Thanks.  Resubmitted mine an hour ago and just got message that was ACCEPTED by the IRS.   FINALLY!

Return rejected for "potential issue with the calculation of your Taxable Inherited IRA," but I don't have an inherited IRA.

Did you have to make changes your orginal 8606 form?
   Thx

I just resubmitted my returns.  Please remember to update your software and review your taxes before e-filing. I checked for the updates twice and ran the review a couple of times just in case

Let's hope they don't get rejected again

Just resubmited, and it was accepted. I guess the March 4 mid-afternoon update finally fixed the problem. There were way too much bugs with turbo tax this year. 

The update from today seems to have fixed the issue for us who do not have an inherited IRA but got the error message because of it.

Hm. No Roth conversion here. I've never had an issue with TT, in ten years. But this year, rejected for issue with inherited IRA. My husband and I each have traditional IRAs, and he has an inherited IRA. On husband's 8606, line 6 includes the total value of his IRAs, but line 7 shows the distributions from only one of them. 

The really bizarre part is that at some point this year, the form WAS correct, because I transferred the value on line 13 to another spreadsheet that I keep, and it was different (more) than what's showing now.

ghhopkins

This morning I re-checked my F1099-R's and F8606, and re-filed.  Just now I received a "return accepted by IRS" email.  So, it does look like the problem has been fixed.  Interestingly, there has been no update nor did I change anything in the return since yesterday, when I re-filed and was rejected.  I would guess that the problem was at Turbotax, not with us.

People don't usually respond when things work, but I thought I would. I did a software update this morning 3/5/21 and resubmitted my return. It was accepted by both federal and state. The return was submitted without any modifications, but was the same one that was initially rejected. Hopefully this concludes another tax season.

vijaygos

Did an update this morning (3/5)  and submitted my taxes. Happy to report that my taxes were accepted this time around.

"ACCESS DENIED" is what I get at that link after logging in!

"ACCESS DENIED" AT THAT LINK after logging in

Refiled mine afternoon of 3/5, and it was accepted. Nothing changed on my forms, so it must have indeed been a transmission problem on TT's end. Glad this is done for this year.

Thanks - saw your response and it helped. Appreciate it!

Magootzy
Returning Member

When I click on your link for the Inherited IRA/8606 problem, all I get is "access denied".

Please send me the information or a link that works to my email address: [email address removed]

Thank you.

This link does not work.  "Access Denied" is the message I receive.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies