turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

R0000-058-01 reject code, can’t seem to find what this is for.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
RobertG
Expert Alumni

According to this IRS website, it has to do with PDF attachments.

#3. PDF attachments and the Binary Attachment XML file

When including a Binary Attachment in a MeF return, the name of the PDF must match the Attachment Location in the XML file that references the PDF (the BinaryAttachment file). Otherwise, the return will reject.

For example, Business Rules R0000-057, R0000-058 and R0000-062 will reject the return when:

• the PDF is named “ExampleTrust.PDF” and
  • the value of the AttachmentLocation element in the BinaryAttachment XML is “ExamplesTrust.PDF”

To clear the business rule rejects in the example above, either:

• Change the name of the PDF to “ExamplesTrust.PDF” (add an “s” after Example), or
  • Change the data in the Attachment Location element of the Binary Attachment XML to “ExampleTrust.PDF” (remove the “s” after Example)

1041 MeF Program Did You Know

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JEB7

My personal return was rejected with the same reject code referenced above.  I've dug very deep into this along with a Turbo Tax rep and it's our belief our issue is related to a 1099B attached to my return.  The file is attached to my return in PDF format with the name "MS.1099.pdf".  Thinking the period "." in the file name might be the problem, I'm pondering whether I should re-name the file something simple like "1099.pdf" and see if that works.  The error/reject seems to stem from the XML binary attachment not matching up with the file name.  I recognize that needs to be a perfect match.  I can control the file name of the PDF, however I don't know how or where to see what the XML binary attachment name for the file is. 

Before I push the button on this, I wanted to see if anyone was familiar with the specific steps I would need to take to ensure I'm fixing the XML binary attachment mismatch issue. 

Given that I'm not the only person out there that will need to attach a 1099B to their returns in PDF format, I am hopeful Turbo Tax can address this from their side via a software update. 

The period is fine, just make sure all PDF files have unique file names and they don't have any special characters and spaces in the name.

e.g. MorganStanley.pdf

Same error, same problem, unable to find where or how the error is occurring. Just know it's related to a file name issue. Turbotax has been zero help and I mean none, zero help in assistance to resolve this issue. I've been through the return numerous times in an attempt to find the problem, no luck. I've used TurboTax for many years but this will likely be my last year using the software due to a lack of assistance. 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The development team has given us an update concerning customers who are receiving the Reject Code R0000-058-01 when trying to electronically file your return. The resolution to this situation is taking longer than expected and it may not be resolved before the tax filing deadline.

For reference, this information is from the IRS Instructions for Form 7206:Generally, you can use the worksheet in the Form 1040 instructions to figure your deduction. 

However, if any of the following apply, you must use Form 7206.

• You had more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax.
  • You file Form 2555.
  • You are using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction.

To proceed and get your return filed in a timely manner, please follow this advice:

1 - If you are required to include Form 7206 as a part of your tax return based on the information above, then you need to print and mail your return. Electronic filing will not be an option if the reject code persists.

2 - If you are not required to include Form 7206 as part of your tax return, then you can attempt to delete Form 7206 and try electronically filing your return once again. If the form cannot be deleted or you still get the reject code, then you need to print and mail your return.

Use the steps in the following TurboTax help articles to delete Form 7206:

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

How do I delete a tax form in TurboTax Desktop (Windows or Mac)?

@MichaelRainmaker 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

To be honest with you, I have tried it all and gave up and have given all my files to my CPA to do my taxes over. 
This has been a nightmare from beginning to end. I have spent 6 hours on the phone with various reps on the phone before I have given up and will now have to pay my accountant on top of paying for TurboTax home and business. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies