Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Quick Employer Forms 2023

So I have used this for years to file 1099's.  2023 they revamped it.  There are no instructions.  I figured out how to enter the data and even print the 1099's, but I can't get the W-3 for state filing to generate.  It says no tax form found.  I went in and entered into the state portion of some 1099's income even though there is no withholding.  I put the state and then saved.  I thought that would make it generate the state W-3.  No.  Did not work. Without instructions on this new software, I can't figure out how to get the state W-3.  The old software used to generate it automatically.  I can't get anyone on the phone either being an holiday.  Will have to try again tomorrow.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

It might be too early to get all the forms.  Did you use the built in W2/1099 Reporter or the online QEF Quick Employer forms in the past?   Yes I see they changed the screens this year to start.  Which did you pick to use?  

You can do them 2 different ways from the Windows Desktop Home & Business program. Either Online using Quick Employer Forms (QEF) -or- directly on your computer with the built in W2/1099 Reporter. If you use the Reporter on your computer you have to mail them to the IRS and not efile.

You might have a point about being too early for the form.  They have the forms 1099 and I mistakenly said W-3 when what I need is the summary 1096 form. That is what happens when you have been up since 4 AM and trying to get work done on 1099's.  Ha.   I have used quick employer forms for years and that state 1096 would generate automatically with the 1099's in the software in the past.  The screen I am using is the only one they have.  It is where you pick a company and then click the arrow and it brings you to the people used in the past years.  It says forms at the top and people are listed below. This is the page that after you go into each person and edit with the new 2023 info, then you see a line at the top that says for state filing.  There are 5 circles after that.  One says W-3 with a printer icon, one says 1096 for MISC with a printer icon, 1096 for INT with a printer icon, 1096 DIV with a printer icon and 1096 NEC with a printer icon.  I had been trying for over an hour to get a 1096 to print.  Finally it started to show a 1096 instead of just saying in red, no tax form found for printing.  No explanation on why it started to work.  I have found this new software not dependable.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn't and I have to use the browser back button to get back where I was . Sometimes in search, it doesn't find all the companies.  It is a hit or miss software.  I really like the old one because it worked and was dependable.  

So are you ok now?  Did you get it?  I can't find when the forms will be ready.  You might have to keep checking.  Here is the FAQ for Quick Employer Forms,

https://quickemployerforms.intuit.com/faq.htm  

Yes, I now have a 1096.  It just started working after I had been trying for quite a while. 

As I described in my prior answer, the circle that says 1096 MISC and a printer icon, when you click on the printer icon, it finally brought up the 1099's AND a 1096 summary form.  That is what I needed. 

Thanks for your help and comments. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies