Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Publicly Traded Partnership ordinary dividends duplicated on both 1099-div and K-1

I own a publicly traded partnership (Brookfield Property Partners - BPY) and my broker has included the ordinary dividends from this PTP on my 1099-DIV. They also reside on the K-1 as expected - so TurboTax ends up double counting the ordinary dividends.

Other PTPs that I own were excluded from the 1099-DIV total, as my broker (Interactive Brokers) said that because BPY is an international company, they can't exclude it. For example - I also own Blackstone (BX) and this stock was excluded from my 1099-DIV total.

Should I manually reduce the ordinary dividend total on my 1099-DIV? How do I not get taxed twice for this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Publicly Traded Partnership ordinary dividends duplicated on both 1099-div and K-1

I would report both and then make a negative offset entry for the 1099DIV to offset the K1 amount. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Anybody out there with an idea?

I would report both and then make a negative offset entry for the 1099DIV to offset the K1 amount. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies