turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

K_J

Program updates - download version 2019

Now it is nothing.

Fixing a broken link is trivial. Providing actual content at the end of the link should be relatively easy. 

The fact that this has been an active issue for three weeks and the latest update (that I downloaded today) still shows this problem is inexcusable. I have been in the business of software development for over 40 years. Someone needs to tell the Product Owner that this may be a low priority from the perspective of impact on functionality, but it is a very high priority based on keeping your customers.

This may be a little painful. 

Since the updater is not updating there is a work around. 

This is a Federal Government website with fillable forms. 

https://www.freefilefillableforms.com/#/fd

Schedules are linked to the 1040 and the forms do the calculations.   

Open Turbotax forms on one computer screen, open the fillable forms on another computer screen and input the numbers from Turboxtax into the fillable forms.  

It hurts I know. 

However, if you have invested in some software that does not work and the company does little in the way of support that is one work around. 

The other workaround is to purchase another tax application.  

Despite the first response that "your feedback does not go unnoticed", there are clearly 9 pages of feedback that have fallen on deaf ears.  I also reported this same problem using the Feedback link with TT 3 weeks ago.  The latest update to TurboTax shows  both program and Federal updates listed as "Critical".  WE USERS NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAS CHANGED!!!!!  If there was a previous mistake, and I think "Critical" implies that there was, there is a good chance that the calculated taxes due for users have changed.  If we've already filed, we need to be informed as to what the change was.

Why does no one at Quicken understand this??????  This is CRITICAL information.

OK, I click on https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ and it takes me here. What sort of nonsense is this?  Post the DETAILS OF THE UPDATES ON A DMAN WEB PAGE.  I don't have time to make a phone call, then get a recording that "you're number 5,874 in the queue, and the wait time is over 4 hours."  GIVE ME A BREAK!!! 

@chuckhoffheiser wrote:

OK, I click on https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ and it takes me here. What sort of nonsense is this?  Post the DETAILS OF THE UPDATES ON A DMAN WEB PAGE.  I don't have time to make a phone call, then get a recording that "you're number 5,874 in the queue, and the wait time is over 4 hours."  GIVE ME A BREAK!!! 

You better clear cache and cookies on your web browser because the website https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ takes you through only these 3 web pages and the wait is only about 5 minutes.  You get your own toll free phone number to call and a support incident number.

See example Screenshots -

Billing Issues.JPG

Billing Issues 1.JPG

Billing Issues 2.JPG

@chrisretusn  the other major tax software providers also have a download version.

FYI, the company is Intuit. Quicken is now owned by another company.

Critical Program Update 3/27/2020 and the link for "More details" is still broken.

Really UNSAT.

How about a bit more info than that. So far this is the only that allows downloads.

25+ year TTAX user . . .  I use the full CD Home & Bus 2019 Version, but get the same broken link results.

I concur with Taxgeek2 concern and am extremely disappointed with TTAX's apparent unwillingness or inability to give a clear answer to what should be a simple answer to a fix a hyperlink error.   ConwayPC reply in this thread very succinctly spelled out and illustrated the isssue .... apparantly to deaf ears!  My best guess is that the software development team is not documenting their fixes properly, leaving user in the dark, or they are focusing on the TTAX Pro version support instead?

It is very important to know and understand WHAT is fixed in an update, so taxpayers / TTAX users can discern if an update directly or indirectly may affect a return that's in process or already efiled.  Though often not, updates MAY trigger need for a 1040x amended return or check and validate certain worksheet entries?

The official TTAX answers are ridiculous.  TTAX Reps either did not bother to read Taxgeek2's issue, or do not have a valid answer.  My kinder self may forgive this otherwise unacceptable customer support due to likely staff shortages or other priorities attributed to current Covid19 issues.    

MSMS
Level 3

I get an update error. Now I'm supposed to uninstall and reinstall the program. This will be the second time as the first was for a save to pdf error so I couldn't print a return. Why can't we run the program without the update? Does this mean that any previously filed tax returns are incorrect? Stop jerking us around!!!

BTucci52

In looking over some of the user replies and TT non-replies, I have a disturbing idea as to why there is no link to a release notes page.  There isn't one.  I fear that Intuit's change control process is broken and they have no repository to identify what was changed, not how it affected functionality in the program.  (Well maybe there's a database that lists lines of code changed, but nothing to identify what that change does to program functionality.)  So there's no release notes page because Intuit doesn't really know what changed.  Unfortunately, when development teams get overloaded, the first thing that gets sacrificed is documentation.

pe7
Level 2

Dont the programmers at Turbo Tax know what their updates are? Im sure they do but directing their customers to a link that doesnt work is lame to say the least. Who manages this company. Is that person accountable? May switch to another program in the future if they don't fix their issues. Sometimes companies dont get it till they lose business.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@pe7 Please try this:

Close the TurboTax program

Right click on the TurboTax desktop icon

Click on the Compatibility tab

Check the box Run as administrator

Click on Apply and then OK

Start the TurboTax program.  The software should update.

" DoninGA Level 15"

If this does not help, for assistance with this, please contact TurboTax and speak with an agent. TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link: Contact Us
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies