Re: Program hang when viewing 'Stocks, Mutual Fund...

lp26

Program hang when viewing 'Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other' section after importing data

After importing data from my broker (Morgan Stanley), turbo tax indicates that the 'stocks, mutual funds, bonds, other' section needs review. When I try to enter that section, turbo tax hangs. I don't have any problems with the interest and dividend sections. I have switched to the forms view and the Schedule D and form 8949 (copy 1 and 2) look like they were populated and are correct. There were over 400 hundred 1099b's listed so please don't ask me to enter it manually. I think all the data is there but I don't know if I'm missing something by not reviewing that section in the 'step by step' mode.

TerukoL
Employee TurboTax Specialist

You may need to clear your cache and cookies because of the number of imports that you have. Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try entering your information again. You may also want to change browsers, for example, if you are using Chrome, try switching to Firefox.

If you still continue to have the same problem, please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support.

lp26

I'm not sure what my browser had to do with the problem since I'm running Turbotax from a cd installed program on my desktop. However, I did delete the imports from my working copy of my taxes and save. Then I got out of turbotax and cleaned out the cache and cookies from my chrome browser. After returning to turbotax, I reimported my data. It worked. The stock data is available from both the step-by-step and forms views and the program no longer hangs. Thanks for the help.

Petermarcu

I'm hitting the same problem but TurboTax is also hanging when I try to remove the imported documents. I also deleted the cache from my browser but don't know why that would help the desktop version of the application.

lp26

It took a long time to delete my imported data. I thought the program had hung again. The x in the upper right corner turned red. After several minutes, it finally came back. Same thing happened when I reimported the data - just took even longer.

CarissaM
Employee TurboTax Specialist

If you are using the desktop version, please be sure the program is up to date. If it is not, you may need to run an update on the program. 

If you are having further issues after updating, please click here to contact customer support.