Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Print and Mail these form to the government

OMG - these responses from INTUIT are infuriating!!!!   I have the exact same issue:

> Even though you e-filed, you are still required to print and mail these forms in

> Print Required Forms

ERROR:  TurboTax Deluxx 2023. Your forms can not be printed. Error in converting your forms to PDF format.

WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO????

I have exactly the same problem. Just e-filed, but says I need to send printed forms to the government. When I click print or save those forms it gives me the error of not being able to convert to PDF format. Even when the whole return has been saved as PDF just before. What's going on?

I asked to talk to an expert, been given the message that I would receive a call, been waiting for a while...

Is this a glitch??

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

It's very rare when you have to mail forms after Efiling.  Check your 'Filing Instructions' page to be sure that you actually do have to mail something. 

If so, try printing the pages you need from the PDF of your return that you saved earlier.

@mpiotti 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

And where exactly is this "filing instruction page"?  TT doesn't bring anything like that up.

Here is what my state filing instructions say.  NOTE - I DID NOT CHOOSE to sign my return by paper!

Form PIT-8453 - Since you chose to sign your return by paper using
Need to | Form PIT-8453, you must complete this form and mail to the New Mexico
Sign and | Taxation and Revenue Department within 1 business day from the date
Mail | the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department accepts your return.
| The New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department does not consider your
| return officially filed until it has this form. The form is included
| in this printout.

Note: PIT 8453 is the main tax form for the state of NM (not some ancillary form)...

This very much feels like a TT glitch.

I would really like INTUIT/TT to fix this so I don't have to print my entire state tax form and mail it in.  That was the purpose for paying the $25 to e-file the state tax.  If TT doesn't fix this, how do I get a refund?

Ok for me i had to send in a copy of my driver's license, copy of w2, and a copy of state tax return, to my state. I hope this helped 

The 8453 form I completed was not a state of NM form - it was a federal form.

I've got the same statement in the filing instructions for New Mexico. I DID NOT CHOOSE TO SIGN MY RETURN BY PAPER EITHER. Is this a TT glitch? It doesn't make sense.

Thanks

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Select your product below and follow the steps to get the help you need from the right person. We're currently open 7 days a week, from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax Desktop

Related Information:

@awolfsberg 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for not a lot, Cynthia. I called TT and waited 40 minutes.  They called and within 5 minutes, dropped the call.

Look - here is the issue:

On my tax form that TT generates, I get the following incompatible directions:

A)

What you need to sign and Mail: 

Form PIT-8453 - Since you chose to sign your return by paper using Form PIT-8453, you must complete this form and mail to the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department within 1 business day from the date the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department accepts your return. The New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department does not consider your return officially filed until it has this form. The form is included in this printout.

and
B)

Do Note Mail:  Do not mail a paper copy of your tax return. Since you filed electronically, the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department already has your return.

These are on the same page in the TurboTax Electronic Filing Instructions.

Come on Turbo Tax - let's get a clear response to this issue - now

SO, after hours waiting for Turbo Tax on the phone, the first two representatives were as bad as the 'experts' on this forum - zero assistance, asking all the wrong questions, unable to focus on this very specific issue at hand.  I finally asked one to put me up to a higher level support person.

I got someone in customer service who was clearly frustrated, understandably on April 15, a bit too rude and complaining about her job. But, she challenged me with "Well I don't know any more about this than you do. Nobody here is telling us anything, what do you expect?".... and she wouldn't/couldn't put me through to anyone who might know what to do.

They refunded the cost of Turbo Tax and my $25 state filing fee.  I actually would have preferred the peace of mind knowing what, if anything, I needed to do to properly file my taxes. 

ALso - I am darn sick of all the email congratulating me on my participation and giving me "badges" for using this so-far worthless forum.  I have a ton of happy cheery emails from TT but no good information.  ugh

I talked to someone in TT, did not know what's going on. He suggested to wait until I receive the notice of acceptance (or rejection) and that the notice should let me know if something is missing. Today I received the New Mexico acceptance notice, and says that I was officially finished filing. I'll wait and see. I hope my refund is not delayed.

If I am done is great, but I would hope TT fix this because there is a lot of confusion

I got my refund from New Mexico. So all that issue about printing and sending forms is a glitch. I would advice to ignore it. Also, TT please fix it for next year! Happy refund everyone!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies