turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fraud / Account Hacked.

I received a email that my taxes have been filed but under a different account. I have already filed my taxes and gotten my money back. Do I need to worry?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
KellyH

Fraud / Account Hacked.

Please contact us at the link below if you suspect fraud:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 

Fraud / Account Hacked.

Got a message that my password had changed did not change it, so I went into the system and changed it with my iPhone using text message, overtime I tried to log in, my computer would bring me right back to the log in screen asking for my password over and over again could not get into the system. has my account been hacked. I not looked at this account since I filed my taxes. Sincerely, Dr. Patricia McNeese

[email address removed]

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Fraud / Account Hacked.

Dr. McNeese:

Your post is public, as this is not a secure forum.  You should delete your email address (and possibly your name) as soon as you see this to further protect your secure info.

Additionally, please contact TurboTax Customer Support during business hours for assistance.  See the instructions linked below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
Karebarb

Fraud / Account Hacked.

Hello,

I received an email that my account had been upfated and i did not update it.

How do i handle this?

Thank you,

Karen Barber 

Fraud / Account Hacked.

I Received an Email About Using a New Device

TurboTax is committed to protecting your personal information. Any time someone signs in to your account in a way that is different than usual, we’ll notify you to make sure you recognize the activity.

Here are some of the reasons you may have received this email:

• You signed in to your account using a computer or phone you had never used before.
  • You signed in to your account using a browser you hadn’t used before (for example, you switched from Firefox to Internet Explorer).
  • You have security or antivirus software that removed all your cookies.
  • You signed in to your account using a private or incognito window.

If you recognize any of these situations, there is nothing to worry about.

What if I don't recognize the location listed in the e-mail?

We use your IP address to determine your location. Your IP address is most frequently assigned to you by your internet service provider, your mobile carrier, or another server if you are using VPN.

Occasionally, the IP address assigned to you may not map to where you are. This can happen when you are using your mobile device, VPN (such as when you are at work), or when your own internet service provider assigns an IP address to you that corresponds to a different geographical location. There are many websites that can help you check your IP address and its associated location.

If you are still unsure about the activity reported in the email, please contact us.

How do I use Google Authenticator with the TurboTax two-step verification feature?

After you set up two-step verification in TurboTax, you can use the Google Authenticator app to create your verification codes. Get the iPhone version at the App Store or the Android version through Google Play. Google Authenticator isn't available for Windows phones.

Once you have the app, follow these instructions:

Mobile devices

1. Sign in to TurboTax and enable two-step verification if you haven't already done so. Instructions
  2. Select Intuit Account in the lower left corner of the screen.
  3. This will open your Account Settings screen
  4. Select the Security tab.
  5. Scroll down to Two-step verification and Turn On verification.
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Laptops and desktop computers

1. Sign in to TurboTax and enable two-step verification if you haven't already done so. Instructions
  2. Select Account Settings from the My Account drop-down menu in the upper-right corner.
  3. Click Security (under Profile) and then click Edit next to Two-step verification.
  4. Click Turn on Authenticator app and follow the onscreen instructions.

To disable Google Authenticator, simply disable the two-step verification feature in TurboTax.

Related Information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies