turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tim22

How to print or save to PDF form 2210 - Underpayment of Estimated Tax

I'm trying to save all of the forms and worksheets used in my return.  However, form 2210 and the related worksheets is never part of the saved file although they have been used in my return.  How do I get these saved out?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
TomK
Expert Alumni

Perhaps this may help.

To preview your 1040 form before filing, follow these steps:

1. Sign in (continue) your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Select My Account near the top of your screen, and then Tools from the drop-down menu.
  3. Under Other helpful links... click View Tax Summary.
  4. Select Preview my 1040 near the top of your screen.
  5. Click Back near the top of your screen to exit the preview screen.

To preview all forms, schedules, and worksheets in your return before filing:

1. From the My Account drop-down at the top, select Print Center.
  2. In the pop-up, click the first option (Print, save, or preview this year's return). If you haven't paid or registered yet, you'll be prompted to do so before you can view your full return.

If you have already filed:

You can get a copy of your federal & state tax return (and all of their accompanying forms & worksheets, etc.) by following the directions below.  The state return should be at the bottom of the federal PDF file.  Scroll way down.  [Please note Step 8 below.]:

To get a view/print a copy of your 2016 tax return after filing (including filing instructions - any forms that you need to mail will be on this page along with the mailing address(s)):

1. Sign in with the same login you used when you filed your return.
  2. Click the down-arrow next to My TurboTax
  3. Click on the My Tax Timeline
  4. Scroll toward the bottom of that screen, in the Some things you can do section, click Add a state (This is just a workaround - you are not really going to add a state - program window will spin/update).
  5. Click down-arrow next to My Account (top right, next to the Search box).
  6. Click on Print Center.
  7. Click on Print, save or preview this year's return.
  8. Under Choose your option:, select Forms filed with the government (shortest version w/filing instructions); Forms filed with the government plus all worksheets (w/filing instructions); or All forms (longest version).
  9. Click on View or print box.
  10. Pop up will ask if you want to Save file or Open in Adobe.  (Filing instructions are on the first page.}
  11. When finished, Click on Tax Timeline to go back to original login screen.

These steps don't help. If you actually tried it you would probably realize that. Even today in 2020 (for tax year 2019) the software (desktop Home & Business edition in my case) refuses to print/save to PDF form 2210. If you export the whole return and choose to include all forms for your records, including worksheets, Form 2210 is still omitted, along with a few other forms like 6251.

If you separately view Form 2210 from the "Forms" view, and try to print/save to PDF from there, you will only get the FIRST page of the form. Utterly baffling. How can bugs like this in financially critical software last so long.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

If you don't have a penalty on your Form 1040, then Form 2210 will not print as it is not part of your tax return.  The 4 page Form 2210 is broken up into different forms.  There is the form itself (3 pages), the worksheet and the annualized income section as a separate form.   But they are all there for you to view.  @Toe Knee

You can use forms mode to see the full form by using Forms Mode.   After you click on Forms, then click on Open Form at the top of the list.  Type in 2210 and you will see a few all of the related form possibilities to choose from.   See image below.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sorry for the very late response. Yes, I would only expect the form to be there if there was a penalty.

The issue is not that I cannot view the forms. I can see them perfectly fine. The issue, as mentioned in the original post, is that we cannot export nor print the full Form 2210. No matter what we do we cannot get the full 3 pages of Form 2210 to print/export as PDF. If you have a resolution for this that would be great. If not it would be great if you had a way to inform Intuit of the bug. Thanks.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@Toe Knee Form 2210 is not available as of yet. It is currently scheduled to be available on 2/18/2021. This may be why you aren't able to see it in the print file. You can check the IRS forms availability here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same issue and today's date is 3/14/2021. I have penalty to pay, but I can't print the form 2210. I wish Turbo Tax can help too.

You can print your return and form 2210 before and after filing.  

Before

1. Sign in (continue) your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Select My Account near the top of your screen, and then Tools from the drop-down menu.
  3. Under Other helpful links... click View Tax Summary.
  4. Select Preview my 1040 near the top of your screen.
  5. Click Back near the top of your screen to exit the preview screen.

To preview all forms, schedules, and worksheets in your return before filing:

1. From the My Account drop-down at the top, select Print Center.
  2. In the pop-up, click the first option (Print, save, or preview this year's return). If you haven't paid or registered yet, you'll be prompted to do so before you can view your full return.

After filing

You can get a copy of your federal & state tax return (and all of their accompanying forms & worksheets, etc.) by following the directions below.  The state return should be at the bottom of the federal PDF file.  Scroll way down.  [Please note Step 8 below.]:

To get a view/print a copy of your tax return after filing (including filing instructions - any forms that you need to mail will be on this page along with the mailing address(s)):

1. Sign in with the same login you used when you filed your return.
  2. Click the down-arrow next to My TurboTax
  3. Click on the My Tax Timeline
  4. Scroll toward the bottom of that screen, in the Some things you can do section, click Add a state (This is just a workaround - you are not really going to add a state - program window will spin/update).
  5. Click down-arrow next to My Account (top right, next to the Search box).
  6. Click on Print Center.
  7. Click on Print, save or preview this year's return.
  8. Under Choose your option:, select Forms filed with the government (shortest version w/filing instructions); Forms filed with the government plus all worksheets (w/filing instructions); or All forms (longest version).
  9. Click on View or print box.
  10. Pop up will ask if you want to Save file or Open in Adobe.  (Filing instructions are on the first page.}
  11. When finished, Click on Tax Timeline to go back to original login screen.

From https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/how-to-print-or-save-to-pdf-form-2210-underpaymen...

@ejkimzoller

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies