Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Pending E-File Status

I e-filed my Federal Tax Return on January 14th and it still says pending. The IRS app and Where's My Refund sites say I'm entering incorrect info or info doesn't match or there's no info available or PENDING. When I call the IRS automated line it asks if I e-filed before January 22nd and then says there it's no info available.  Why hasn't my return been accepted yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Pending E-File Status

I am in the same boat I e-filed both fed and state from TurboTax premier on January 31st and now on February 17th it is still saying pending... They have not been accepted.. spent 2 hours on the phone with TurboTax yesterday They say basically it's in IRS hands.. Just try getting a hold of someone there I've been trying It's impossible just standard form answers come back on any messages you send also. Very discouraged with this.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Pending E-File Status

I am in the same boat I e-filed both fed and state from TurboTax premier on January 31st and now on February 17th it is still saying pending... They have not been accepted.. spent 2 hours on the phone with TurboTax yesterday They say basically it's in IRS hands.. Just try getting a hold of someone there I've been trying It's impossible just standard form answers come back on any messages you send also. Very discouraged with this.

Pending E-File Status

How did you reach a HUMAN at TurboTax?

Pending E-File Status

I called the 800 # they offered in the help section of my TurboTax open page.. You have to go through a series of questions to get the number

. Then once you call the number it said there would be approximately a 20-minute wait... Well the wait was actually 48 minutes before anyone picked up.. then they have to put you on hold and awful lot to check with things in the end there's nothing they can do if it says they submitted the e-files their hands are tied They are done with it.  

Pending E-File Status

Are you still pending as of 2/17/21?  I am..just checked again. 

Pending E-File Status

Actually right after I read your post I was rejected which is a blessing because I was able to add my W2 which came after I filed and my return went up I just he e-filed again and I'll keep you posted. Turns out TurboTax is the bomb cuz they walked me through it great

Pending E-File Status

Same here... mine were rejected in past hour...  It walked me through resubmitting and ive done that, and it already says fed now accepted. So glad ... 1st time ever a hiccup with turbotax, ...I will never file again before the fed opens up for accepting returns... im sure thats where the issue was. Happy it seems we are getting all resolved.😊

Pending E-File Status

Me to my return was accepted in less than an hour I think it's cuz there was a glitch between the 19 and 20 AGI software something I agree next time I'll wait till they're open but I am really pleased with the support I received from TurboTax and will continue using them

Notteenice
Returning Member

Pending E-File Status

You posted the accepted my return did they or didn't they

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Pending E-File Status

Please check your email from TurboTax to determine if your return was accepted by the IRS.  If your return has been accepted by the IRS, TurboTax does not receive any information about the status of the return.  If your return is accepted, you will have to contact the IRS about the status of your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
FLXena
Returning Member

Pending E-File Status

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies