Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Ok, I am 1 that will be delayed until February 15th. I know that. I also know that I submitted the wrong AGI on my Efile. So, will I have to wait until after February 15th for it to be Rejected or (Ac

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
WKins2
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Ok, I am 1 that will be delayed until February 15th. I know that. I also know that I submitted the wrong AGI on my Efile. So, will I have to wait until after February 15th for it to be Rejected or (Ac

Yes, you will need to wait until your returns is either rejected or accepted BEFORE you can change your AGI. IT takes about 48 hours for you to know if it has been accepted or rejected.

If your return is rejected then you can login to your account and change the AGI and then refile your return. If you refile please check to see if that one was accepted. If it was rejected again then there are other errors on the return that will need to be corrected and then re-filed again. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Pizzaman

When your return is rejected due to a incorrect 2018 AGI verification, does it take much longer to get "accepted" after one resubmits? I am going on 4 days. It usually only takes a day or two.

WKins2
Expert Alumni

Being rejected once does not add any additional time on the return being processed and either accepted or rejected when you re-file. The IRS does not start processing returns until today, and they are processed in the order in which they are received, so I would count the 48 hours after today since today is the start of e-filing. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies