Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) stimulus payment thread

My parents still haven’t received their stimulus check, and the “Get My Payment” app tells them their payment status is not available. They have filed a tax return in 2018, but not this year. My dad is veteran, and receives retirement pay. Neither of them are on social security benefits. Any ideas as to why they aren’t getting their check?

It’s TurboTax dropping the ball

Have not received my stimulus payment. News reports are saying things like, "Stimulus Checks May Be Held Up If Tax Prep Service Was Used" and list companies like H&R Block and TurboTax. Says the direct deposit info that we entered in our tax software was not actually provided to the IRS. I find that hard to believe, since the IRS has provided refund or taken money out appropriately over the years. What is really the issue here?

"Get My Payment" portal in IRS site says, "Payment status not available".

I didn't go above the income threshold for 2018 and 2019, so I don't have to file.  I used the Turbo Tax tool to sign up for the stimulus check, as a non filer. Updated address and all personal information.   As of today I have not seen my payment.  Are you finding that people who used the "non filers" tool are being delayed?   I used it about 2 weeks ago.  Has anyone who used it received their payments?  Thank you and I hope everyone is well and safe!

This is ridiculous! I put my direct deposit information in for my tax refund. What is the issue?? Why is my money not in my account? I read somewhere that Turbotax puts the money in a temporary account? Is this true? Is this the reason I have not received my stimulus check because I absolutely qualify income-wise. I am so frustrated. I do not see why I would trust Turbotax ever again.

@kite33 wrote:

This is ridiculous! I put my direct deposit information in for my tax refund. What is the issue?? Why is my money not in my account? I read somewhere that Turbotax puts the money in a temporary account? Is this true? Is this the reason I have not received my stimulus check because I absolutely qualify income-wise. I am so frustrated. I do not see why I would trust Turbotax ever again.

Go to this IRS website for stimulus payment information FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

TurboTax does not receive any type of tax refund, federal or state.  TurboTax does not and cannot receive a stimulus payment for any taxpayer.  TurboTax is not a bank or any other type of financial institution.  TurboTax is a tax preparation software company.

Dude stop lying to them. 

Turbotax tells the irs their banking info.

They receive your money and then they take their cut and send you the rest.

problem now is IRS never got your info but there’s.

Ive been reading they’ve done this before 

@VALDIVIA1734 

Not lying to anyone.  TurboTax only receives the account fees that are owed when software user requests to have the TurboTax account fees paid from their federal tax refund.  The third party processor has a service charge for this option.

The IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

I have received all my refunds but no stimulus. The IRS does not have my information for some reason and says Information not available when i check my stimulus status. Turbo tax needs to fix this problem. Millions of Americans like myself need the relief

I have filed my 2019 taxes as an independent individual and meet the income requirements to receive the full $1,200 stimulus amount, however, my father has not yet filed his 2019 taxes and I'm listed as a dependent on his 2018 taxes. I believe this is why I haven't seen my payment deposited yet as the IRS is looking at his 2018 filing. I'm wondering if my father completes his 2019 taxes now updated with me removed as a dependent, will the IRS update my status once his federal return is accepted and my stimulus money will be deposited?

We have not receive our stimulus package and want to make sure that you have the right bank information on file. Please advise. Thanks

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/coronavirus-stimulus-cash-comes-with-glitches-for-some

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/16/coronavirus-cares-stimulus-check/

Stop you dont know **bleep**  stop spaming your bull **bleep**

Lie if you used the turbo card we did not put that info in yall did   another lie from yall again

Today ill be sending you a bill for 2900  each day its not payed there is a 33% fee

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies