turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) stimulus payment thread

It doesn't ask me to enter the direct deposit information.  It just gives me a message saying:

Payment Status Not Available

According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

For more information on the eligibility rules, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Who knows...they've had 4 weeks to prepare for this and did nothing.....I'm amazed to say the least

Where do you enter the direct deposit info?  I did not see any links or info on where to enter the DD info.

Get my payment bar on irs .Gov/ corona

@Hurctrack wrote:

Where do you enter the direct deposit info?  I did not see any links or info on where to enter the DD info.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

bobpak

Will a stimulus payment be deposited electronically if my 2019 TurboTax electronic filing included bank routing and account numbers for withdrawal of additional taxes owed (not a refund)?  I am only seeing reference to electronic deposit of a stimulus payment for taxpayers who are receiving a refund this year.   

Exactly!!! I posted this and one of the Turbo Tax Experts didn't like it.

Hi,

I have repeatedly gotten the "cannot determine eligibility" error on the IRS site.

After looking at my most recent 2018 taxes submitted (didn't submit 2019 yet), I found out that I had entered my Bank's account number incorrectly. 

What can I do at this point if I can't even correct this info on the IRS page?

Thanks....   

You'll have to call or contact some one live in morning and ask....or try filing your 2019

Hi,

I filed taxes jointly (wife) via Turbo Tax, I have already submitted the taxes and paid with my credit card. I am also a Social Security recipient, but my wife is not. Will both checks come via my SS account?

If you filed a joint 2019 return and you did not have a refund where you could enter your DD info then you should try to update the DD info on the IRS portal here : 

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

I've been locked out since 11 am yesterday morning. Its says I'm eligible but no dd info. Now I can't get on to change it. Ugh. 

To be honest, this would probably have been a major headache for TurboTax to implement for us to get our stimulus.  Having working in a large company where they needed major systems to work together like Oracle, inventory systems, sales systems, all from different software makers, it is a major pain in the butt and very time consuming to try to get different databases to talk to each other and share information.  It would not be as simple as gathering an Excel list of all the names of us who had the Santa Barbara bank info at the IRS, SS numbers and new bank info and simply giving it to the IRS.  All these systems are interconnected and have been specifically programmed to accept entries from each other in a certain way.

Lots of planning and testing would have to be done to ensure that only the specific database entries that were needed were scooped out and transferred over to IRS databases, and then inserted over there, without causing any problems to anything else in their systems working properly. Probably somewhat manually done. Something like that would normally be an IT project that would be slated to take place over months, not days.  And when you're talking cutting checks with real money, not just orders or inventory numbers, it would have to be verified very carefully to be correct.  

It just goes to show how our systems have gotten so complex, that it makes doing seemingly simple tasks too absurdly long to even implement, and keeps companies from being able to respond to situations like this.

Joe1234

"you should try to update the DD info on the IRS portal here : 

www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment"

PLEASE STOP posting this link!!!!   That page DOES NOT HAVE A PLACE TO ENTER Direct Deposit info!!!!

There is only one button on the page "Get My Payment", enter SS, DOB, Address and ZIP

===> NOTHING after that other than a message that says "Payment Status Not Available" <===

THERE IS NO PLACE TO ENTER Direct Deposit info on the IRS site.

Hello,

I am trying to determine the best course of action to make sure I receive my stimulus check ASAP. I have not yet filed my 2019 taxes, but I did file in 2018. I have since moved out of the state that I filed my taxes in 2018. I have not received a tax return in the last four years (because I have owed). So I am fairly sure the IRS does not have my current address or my bank account information. I planned on using the on-line portal on the IRS website to update my bank information as they have instructed once it became operational. I have tried the "Get My Payment" portal on the IRS several times using my current address and my previous address from my 2018 taxes and just get the frustrating "Payment status not available" error message. Now that the website is not working for me I have no idea what the best way to proceed is? Should I file my 2019 taxes immediately or is it too late for that at this point since they have already started processing the stimulus checks?

Thank you very much for your help, I am unemployed because of COVID-19 and need these funds to survive during these challenging times.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies