Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

elb99
Returning Member

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) stimulus payment thread

@lisa2400   Did you file your 2019 return already?  If not, they will have based it on your 2018 return, which didn't have the dependent.   They will figure out you're owed the extra $500 either later this year or next year when you do your 2020 taxes, not clear which yet.

Sweetzone11
Returning Member

Whatever you do, don't use TurboTax to send your info to the IRS. I did, and they started a return for me which I am not required to do as I don't have income. My information to get my direct deposit from the IRS was rejected by the IRS as well. The next day the IRS opened their own portal and I was able to give them my banking info and it was accepted that same day by them. Personally I'm disgusted atm with TurboTax, they screwed up and started a return for me, which again I don't have to do, and are now spamming me with emails telling me I need to fix it. I can't get a hold of customer service without paying TurboTax, which is ridiculous because this is their fault and I should have a means to help get it resolved. 

TurboTax is horrible and I'll never use them again if I ever have to file taxes.

@Sweetzone11 

Simply indicate the TT emails are spam and ignore them ... nothing TT support can do for this. 

how do you get to the irs portal?

Can you still use it if you've already filed with turbo tax with zero income, and no direct deposit info?

I haven't been able to find any info on switching to direct deposit since they said they were creating a portal weels ago.

@synnkitten82 wrote:

how do you get to the irs portal?

Can you still use it if you've already filed with turbo tax with zero income, and no direct deposit info?

I haven't been able to find any info on switching to direct deposit since they said they were creating a portal weels ago.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

If we dont get check on our on our tubocard visa should he have a back for dd deposted

Hi, in January I filed a 2019 tax return and claimed my Younger brother who I support as a dependent. Since then I recieved my tax witholdings but my eitc or eic and child tax credit has been in review with the the irs and I haven't heard back from them,even with sending in the required documentation for over 60 days. (I have claimed him since 2017 Head of hh)

Will I not be eligible to recieve the extra 500 for him or even the $1200 at all since my 2019 taxes are being reviewed? Thank you

@Dholmes23 wrote:

Hi, in January I filed a 2019 tax return and claimed my Younger brother who I support as a dependent. Since then I recieved my tax witholdings but my eitc or eic and child tax credit has been in review with the the irs and I haven't heard back from them,even with sending in the required documentation for over 60 days. (I have claimed him since 2017 Head of hh)

Will I not be eligible to recieve the extra 500 for him or even the $1200 at all since my 2019 taxes are being reviewed? Thank you

You should still get the $1,200. However, you only get the extra $500 if you have a child under 17, following the same definition as the CTC. Since he's your brother and NOT your child, you probably don't qualify for the CTC or the $500.

@Kflowers89  wrote:

Does anyone know when the deposit will hit on paypal!

PayPal does NOT have the "early direct deposit" feature on its accounts that have direct deposit. Thus you probably won't get it until the official payment date, reportedly April 15.

Sorry! This thread is long so if the question has been asked and answered, I apologize in advance.

I was expecting a refund for 2019 and entered my direct deposit information in Turbo Tax. It's also on my return. However, I never received my refund because the government applied it to a previous year of owed taxes that I did not know about.  Will I still get the direct deposit of the stimulus check? Or will it be a paper check for me?

caelum123
Returning Member

Posted this in wrong place earlier so sorry if you see it twice.

So if we used the stimulus tool to do a simple return will it update in time for the first round of direct deposits or will we be put on later.  I did my normal 2018 return but my bank changed so used this tool to update it  for the 2019 return using new bank on 4/05 and says was accepted.  Hope it doesn't try to use my old bank and get rejected.  Anyone know how long it takes them to update direct deposit info with tool?

Mzzrlynn

i make 12,000 a year from ssi  i was told by a family member my sister claimed me. i live alone pay my own bills how do i remove myself from her tax return

and will i recieve the 12 hundred stimulus check

Still even though she claimed me under fraudulent circumstances?

nooney99

I have a question my taxes are still being processed by the irs. So will I receive my stimulus check on the current card i put in for my taxes. Or the one I had last year from turbo tax

This is also my question. I feel like if they have my bank info to take their payments, they will use the same to deposit the stimulus. But I'm not sure. 

@Jelmekkaoui That's the million dollar question:  Does the IRS have our actual bank account info?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies