turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NYS taxes

Hello I have  question. I filed 1/18. Federal was accepted 1/21. NYS received my efile on 1/22 and it still says pending. Why is it still pending after 24 hours.

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

NYS taxes

Because NYS has not started accepting tax returns yet.  This is normal; check back next week.   Technically, the IRS has not officially started either.  However, they do take test groups early and yours was apparently one of the tests.  😉  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

NYS taxes

Hello I still have a question. NYS received my filing but is says pending after 24 hours.  Is it a mistake that NYS received my filing?

NYS taxes

@patrizia4271 wrote:

Hello I still have a question. NYS received my filing but is says pending after 24 hours.  Is it a mistake that NYS received my filing?

Pending simply means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet.

NYS taxes

Hello I am confused because it says that NYS received my filing so they should have my efile. I don't understand why it still says pending after 24 hours of receiving my efile.

NYS taxes

@patrizia4271 wrote:

Hello I am confused because it says that NYS received my filing so they should have my efile. I don't understand why it still says pending after 24 hours of receiving my efile.

What is the status of the NYS tax refund on this website - https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/refund.htm

NYS taxes

Hello My status with NYS is that there is no information about my tax filing.

NYS taxes

@patrizia4271 wrote:

Hello My status with NYS is that there is no information about my tax filing.

So if you e-filed a NYS tax return and it shows as Pending then they have yet to receive the tax return.  Once received it will either be accepted or rejected.  You will receive an email from TurboTax when this occurs.

NYS taxes

But Turbo Tax says that my NYS taxes was received yesterday at 4pm then status changed to pending. My question is does NYS have my filing or not/

NYS taxes

Hello Turbo tax didnt send me an email. I was curious of when I efiled my return and that when I was NYS received my tax retun.

NYS taxes

@patrizia4271 wrote:

But Turbo Tax says that my NYS taxes was received yesterday at 4pm then status changed to pending. My question is does NYS have my filing or not/

Did you receive an email from TurboTax that the state tax return was received at 4pm yesterday?

NYS taxes

@patrizia4271 wrote:

Hello Turbo tax didnt send me an email. I was curious of when I efiled my return and that when I was NYS received my tax retun.

If you did not receive an email from TurboTax then how do you know it was ever received?

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

NYS taxes

Hello I looked on the view efile detail

New York Return

Received by TurboTax:
1/18 at 1:32
Received by New York:
1/22 at 4:00 PM
Filing status changed to: Pending

NYS taxes

@patrizia4271 wrote:

Hello I looked on the view efile detail

New York Return

Received by TurboTax:
1/18 at 1:32
Received by New York:
Filing status changed to: Pending

That just means that New York received the tax return and they have yet to either accept or reject the tax return, therefor the Pending.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies