turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

trixieam

Can I Save My Progress?

I don't have all the information I need. Can I save my progress?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaT

Can I Save My Progress?

We automatically save your work every time you move to a new screen, in case you lose your connection.

Also, when you sign out, your work is automatically saved to our secure servers so you can pick up right where you left off when you sign back in. To save & sign out please select the - my account - at the top of your TurboTax screen and select - save & sign out-.

Then when you are ready to return to continue your return please remember to use the same User ID and password as you did when your started your return

View solution in original post

25 Replies
RebeccaT

Can I Save My Progress?

We automatically save your work every time you move to a new screen, in case you lose your connection.

Also, when you sign out, your work is automatically saved to our secure servers so you can pick up right where you left off when you sign back in. To save & sign out please select the - my account - at the top of your TurboTax screen and select - save & sign out-.

Then when you are ready to return to continue your return please remember to use the same User ID and password as you did when your started your return

Can I Save My Progress?

Not true. Literally all of my info was erased after having spent 1.5 hours on this. Was redirected to the very first Welcome page and was asked to enter my personal info so y’all can “Get to Know, Kelly!” Again.

Can I Save My Progress?

Lost all info twice
marikorf

Can I Save My Progress?

I also was basically finished and just logged in to double check and I am not seeing any information here?
dburshe

Can I Save My Progress?

My info has been deleted as well!

Can I Save My Progress?

This is a lie... spent 3 hours doing my taxes and when logged back in had to start completely over!

Can I Save My Progress?

That’s common to end up with multiple accounts.  First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you’re logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID’s for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used     <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/">https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/</a>
plie65
Returning Member

Can I Save My Progress?

do not see "My Account" tab. Having to start over with 2017 return I'm just now doing.

Can I Save My Progress?

You can no longer use online software to prepare a 2017 return.

Online tax preparation and e-filing for 2017 returns is now permanently closed.  You had until midnight on Monday, October 15 to finish and attempt to e-file; if your e-file was rejected you had until 3 a.m. Pacific time on October 21 to make corrections and re-file. Now it is too late to e-file. If you have any changes at all to make to your 2017 return, you now have to complete it using desktop software, which you must download to a full PC or Mac  (not to a mobile device).
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb...>
Some users are having trouble accessing their 2017 tax files while the TT system is in transition from 2017 to 2018.  You may have to wait to re-gain access to your tax file.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4505553-i-am-unable-to-download-my-tax-file-from-turbotax-online">...>
When you complete your 2017 return, it has to be filed by mail.  When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS and/or your state received the return
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Woody1
Returning Member

Can I Save My Progress?

I loaded TurboTax 2019, transferred from 2018, did initial checklist.  Would not save the results . . . lost entries.

Can I Save My Progress?

This is a new forum layout. Some posts that have June 2019 dates are really older posts from the old forum that got moved over. So they might be for prior years and not current info. When they migrated over the dates got changed to June 2019. And the screen shots got deleted. 

So so please give more details.  Like Windows or Mac and OS.  I just downloaded the Windows Home & Business on Windows 8.1 and transferred a 2018 return and saved it no problems.

Bullet

Can I Save My Progress?

I am having hard time with ID and password

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Can I Save My Progress?

If you are having issues logging in, you can recover your account. To recover your account, you will need to provide either your phone number(recommended), email address, or User ID. Please refer to the following page to recover your account in TurboTax. Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account

If you still feel you require additional assistance, you can contact support at (800) 446-8848. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
samnn

Can I Save My Progress?

that is not true, i just lost all progress and have to restart everything. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies