Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Not enough available funds

I did not have enough money in my bank account yesterday to pay my taxes. Will TurboTax automatically try to deduct from my bank account today now that I have enough money? Or will I have to pay manually now. I just don’t want to pay twice somehow by accident 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

TurboTax does not deduct your tax.   Your payment is not going to TurboTax.  You are paying the IRS.   It will be the IRS that makes the attempt to debit your account.   And we do not know when you filed your tax return.   Did you specify a date for the IRS to take out your payment?   If you did not specify a date they will debit your account on tax deadline day--April 18.   Or maybe a day or two later if they are too backlogged.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Hello, I filed about a month ago and the date I chose to pay my taxes was yesterday 4/14. Since I did not have enough funds available yesterday, do you know if they will attempt to get the funds again by tax day automatically, or shall I pay manually via their website? 

Thanks

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Per https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-taxes-by-electronic-funds-withdrawal

• If a payment is returned by your financial institution (e.g., due to insufficient funds, incorrect account information, closed account, etc.) the IRS will mail a Letter 4870 to the address we have on file for you, explaining why the payment could not be processed, and providing alternate payment options.
  • In the event your financial institution is unable to process your payment request, you will be responsible for making other payment arrangements, and for any penalties and interest incurred.

@Junoflo

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies