turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Not able to import Chase 2020 Consolidated 1099 forms due to identification code issue!

When I get to the screen that displays "Lets import your tax info - Chase Bank https://www.chase.com

I enter my banks User ID and Password, click on Get my form, Click in the box next to, I'm not a robot click on continue, I get the following;

Please choose how you'd like to receive this Identification Code:

I choose Text to xxx-xxx-xxxx

Enter the code I receive and then I get the following;

Something unexpected happened and we need to try again.

Enter your info again, and watch out for typos. If it still doesn't work, double check it with the financial institution to make sure it's correct. (907)

It's asking for me to enter my User ID and Password again.

My User ID and password was accepted otherwise I wouldn't of been prompted with;

Please choose how you'd like to receive this Identification Code:

This problem didn't exist prior to the following post by TurboTax;

Why can’t I see all of my Chase Bank investment transactions after I imported my 1099-B?

Some customers who imported their 1099-B from Chase Bank may have imported only a partial list of their investment transactions into TurboTax.

Please fix this TurboTax!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Not able to import Chase 2020 Consolidated 1099 forms due to identification code issue!

You may need to try again as there is a new update:  Why can’t I see all of my Chase Bank investment transactions after I imported my 1099-B?

If you continue to have an issue with your user ID and password you use for Chase please contact them directly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I entered my I formation manually. 

zhlou

I'm having the same problem. Is there a solution other than typing it manually?

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

If import does not go smooth, I will suggest to manually enter info.  There are no other solutions, unfortunately.  Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online,

• Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in 1099b and Enter 
  • Select Jump to 1099b
  • Follow prompts
  • On-screen, "Let's import your tax info, select I'll type it myself
  • Follow prompts to continue

A Form 1099-B is issued to report the proceeds from your stocks and bonds transactions.  The transactions will generate either a long term or short term capital gain or loss depends on how long the stocks are being held.  The amount will be reported on line 7 of your Form 1040 along with a Schedule D and Form 8949.  

Has this issue been fixed? I cannot import anything from Chase.  I would hate to import all my documents manually from Chase

HHaver

NOT fixed

VipulS

This is still broken on online portal! It asks for username, password. Chase sent security code (over email), I typed (as well as copied) and continue but it always fails "Forms not found" 

Please fix this

Did it solve from the mobile app? let me give it try.

VipulS

Expert pointing to the fake URL? Please redirect to atleast proper URL and response.

VipulS

[Solved]

It was so misleading from the TurboTax for the chase customers. 

Use: Chase Investments 

(It still using www.chase.com)

Generating code: Link should have given next to the text box! But okay, find that tiny link below, it will take you to the chase website and generate "You need a one-time code to confirm your identity with TurboTax"

NOTE: If you use chase.com code generated is not authenticated against turbotax request. Hence you will see failures. 

Passcode: enter chase.com associated password. 

----

Then wohoo... chase forms will be imported. 

Request to Turbotax: If someone is searching "chase" in your search box, please first give "Chase investment" link than "chase.com". It will save a lot frustration. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Login from this link and it will give you the code:

https://secure05c.chase.com/web/auth/?LOB=TurboTaxLogon#/logon/logon/chaseOnline 

gg351
Returning Member

No issues for last seven years to import from chase bank 1099 B to TT but this year having issue to import 2021 1099b. tried numerous time but no luck. Do not want to enter manually info which is about 200 lines long/ 

HELP

gg351
Returning Member

SAME ISSUE.

Called many times TT help and Chase bank  in last 15 days but nobody seems to know or try to resolve the issue. Do not want to enter manually as most likely will make some errors.

What is the use TT if has to enter manually? 

gg351
Returning Member

On TT only chase bank is listed. No chase investment is listed or allowed

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax article for further assistance. 

Why am I unable to import from Chase Bank/Investments?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/import-transactions/help/why-am-i-unable-to-import-from-chase-bank...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies