Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No matter how many times I choose "No, I didn't receive Form 1095-A", when i go back the "Yes, I received form 1095-A" is marked instead. How do I fix?

Regarding Medical question under Federal Deductions & Credits
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No matter how many times I choose "No, I didn't receive Form 1095-A", when i go back the "Yes, I received form 1095-A" is marked instead. How do I fix?

That only directs you to the next screen.   Answer NO  and continue and you are done. 

Of you return to  the interview, then yiu are at the start again with the preset yes.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DianeC958
Expert Alumni

You may need to delete the 1095-A form by using these instructions

Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

@dlt-ufl

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That only directs you to the next screen.   Answer NO  and continue and you are done. 

Of you return to  the interview, then yiu are at the start again with the preset yes.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Okay interesting. I don't know why it would default as 'Yes' my other answers of 'no' or 'none of the above'  saved in other sections. Confusing! Thanks for the info.

Hi thanks - I deleted a medical worksheet but there's no form to delete that correlates. My worry was that if it looks like I am saying 'yes' then my refund will be delayed if I don't have a form to submit.

Another community member indicated that it's just a question prompt and it's fine to file as long as I say 'no' and continue. 

@dlt-ufl wrote:

Okay interesting. I don't know why it would default as 'Yes' my other answers of 'no' or 'none of the above'  saved in other sections. Confusing! Thanks for the info.

Because most users that seek out the 1095-A section are doing so because they *have* a 1095-A form or they would have no reason to go to that section in the first place.   The default assumption is if you got there then you probably have a 1095-A to enter, but it gives you the opportunity to say no if yiu got there by accident.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies