turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

New Exclusion of up to $10,200 of Unemployment Compensation

You are correct, I am not a software engineer.

But I don’t know why one cannot get some kind of timeline for this update, especially if the online one is already done and other companies have provided one. 

l cannot imagine one of my customers asking for information and just blowing them off. Or even worse, ignoring them.

JamesG1
Employee Tax Expert JamesG1
Employee Tax Expert

@Anonymous

When will the FEDERAL returns get updated by TT for the desktop versions????  Please provide a date, not supply a link to be notified once its done.

This is to those that are EMPLOYEES of TT not those who think they know or think because a regular update is scheduled for 3/25 that this will be included in that update.  Am looking for someone with actual facts

With the new guidance by the IRS yesterday that the 10,200 won't even be counted towards your MAGI, when will that update be available in the online version?  I know that there needs to be code updates and testing, just trying to get an idea of when it will be available online.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bull**bleep** during this pandemic other companies stood up except fo TT....entitled tech people who are still working while the rest of us try to make it and we have to wait for the entitled before we get our refunds

totally agree. 

With so many options for taxes now it is a no-brainer not to dump intuit TT and go elsewhere

It's almost like they are intentionally delaying the update to force people use their online version and make more sales... I am going to wait one more day and then if no update will get HR block software...  

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review this link.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

And can you show me where in the article you linked to is any information about when a software update will be released that is mainly what we are asking about.

You are as tone deaf as this company is about answering a simple question.

Employee Tax Expert EbonyA Employee Tax Expert 12m ago
Reply to message
Please review this link.

the link says NOTHING about when they will be updating the desktop software so that those of us that PAID for this can file.  How about having an EMPLOYEE provide a DATE

The desktop update should be in the next scheduled update which is Thursday March 25 - late afternoon usually.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@macuser_22 

Twitter TurboTax Support has no ETA on update for Exclusion on Unemployment and based what they told me about update tomorrow it will be not included 

I just received a message from TurboTax support.  I had sent a message on Twitter several days ago.  

They said....Update not available for CD version yet but will be in a few days. No date just in a few days!

To macuser_22

Great, more should be and may be.

How about someone that has real information?

I just talked to Lisa (Employee ID #64987) at the NYS Tax Dept., and she said that they were awaiting passage of legislation dealing with this problem, and they would post a notice about what to do about getting back taxes paid on unemployment on the main Website (https://www.tax.ny.gov/default.htm) when that information is available.

just an fyi... they're 'few days' response can mean anything.

TT announced it would release updates on Thursday last week, then it said Friday... lies lies lies.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies