Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Turbo tax Deluxe 2020 software says Form 4852 will be available soon. The website says it's available now. I update the software daily, wont let me complete taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

My Turbo tax Deluxe 2020 software says Form 4852 will be available soon. The website says it's available now. I update the software daily, wont let me complete taxes.

Yes, Form 4852 may be available for printing.  You may use Form 4852, a substitute for W2 and 1099R, to report your income using last paystub.  You can print the form in Turbo Tax, if available.  The 1040 income tax return have to be paper file with the completed form 4852 to the  IRS

See. how do I file using a substitute W2 for 4852, link for instruction.

Thanks Joanna

Turbotax has allowed filing electronically with form 4852 in the past (at least the last two years), but not this year I guess. I'll wait another week and see what happens. For me, I'll be using the form as a substitute 1099-R to document foreign social security income not taxed here by treaty.

bbb
Returning Member

I feel your pain.  It will not let me get to it either.  In fact, every year it has been a pain to get to.  Some of us must complete this form every year to account for our cost basis in a life settlement contract of a bankrupt company.  I hope it is available soon or we will have to get from irs website and then manually mark up our form - not what i spent 99 for.

bbb
Returning Member

GREAT NEWS - it is now there!  

Hendrikus

I have the same problem, I cannot complete my tax form using Turbot Tax De Luxe 2020, because I cannot  get the 1099R Substitute Form 4852. need help!

Hendrikus

How do I get it in Turbo Tax?

It's been a few months but I recall you have to add a 1099-R from the Wages & Income area under the Retirement Plans section. When you get to the 1099-R entries, select add another 1099-R form. The pick I'll type it myself and continue. Pick the type of 1099-R you want to add and Check the "I need to prepare a substitute 1099-R" box and follow the instructions. Once you fill out the Payee and a Gross Distribution, a form 4852 is generated. Look in the "forms" section for it.

Cheers

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies