Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

@Kingbo1000  What did you find out was wrong?  What did you fix?

Kmic
Level 2

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

I went to another tax filing site. Free tax - my return was accepted by the IRS within 30 minutes. 
While I like TURBO Tax - it has disappointed me. 
I may or may not be back next year. 

Kmic
Level 2

I was able to e-file my 2019 tax return using another tax filing site. 
My tax return has been accepted by the IRS within 30 minutes.  

I wasted time trying to work through this AGI bug with TT.

I’m glad to have it done. 

I’m disappointed with Turbo Tax and unsure if I’ll be back next year due your ongoing bug problem with the AGI problem. 

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. This is the second time in the past 3 tax seasons I've had to mail my return in because of the "AGI bug," so I may not be back next year either. I already turned off my TurboTax Advantage subscription so they won't automatically send me the paid version of TurboTax each year. It looks like plenty of people are successfully using other tax preparation software, and my tax situation has become much simpler over the past couple of years, so I don't really need TurboTax Deluxe anymore.

Help

Kmic
Level 2

I requested my AGI from the IRS. Meanwhile I filed my taxes on free tax act.com. Completed using my AGI from my tax return while awaiting my IRS AGI info. 
Filed and accepted on the competitor website. 
According to the IRS website my refund is now approved and should hit my bank on March 11,2020.  
I filed February 26 (I think!) and already approved awaiting my direct deposit. 
There is something wrong with intuit/turbo tax regarding the previous years AGI - causing your tax return to be rejected. 
while I like TurboTax for the convenience - I needed my refund more and didn’t want to file a paper return. 
HTH

Kmic
Level 2

Go to other tax prep website. 

YOU CAN STILL E-FILE!!

Thats it. 

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Sometimes e-file just won't work and you have to print and mail your tax returns.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ed37

I had the same problem.  I talked with TurboTax today (03/08/2020) and was told they could not fix the problem and I would have to print and file rather than file electronically.  TurboTax would not admit this was a "bug" but said it was a known issue ... disappointed in the response from TurboTax.

SK9

I went to irs.gov, signed in to my account and pulled my AGI for the prior yr.

Looks like IRS adjusted it at a later point. With the new AGI, I was able to e-file my taxes.

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

That's good news.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

I get reject because my wife's AGI is incorrect.  And the associated message refers to her by her nick name, not her actual name as used by the IRS.  We file jointly, not separately, so she doesn't have a separate AGI.  I've checked against my PDF copy of the forms I submitted successfully through TurboTax last year, and against a transcript of last year's forms I retrieved from the IRS.  All should be correct in what I submit for this year but I get that invalid error message.  Support is really sucking this year, I am very disappointed.

John

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

How did your wife's nick name get into the message?.  Does the PDF copy of last years tax return and the IRS transcript have your wife's name or her nick name?  If they do and the associated message refers to your wife by her nick name it may be cause for concern that there an issue with the security of your identity. 

My wife's nickname does not appear on the saved PDF set of forms nor on the IRS transcript.  That really puzzles me and causes me to think something is going on in TurboTax.

Also, her nick name does appear in her personal info in the space for Nickname in TurboTax.  But does not appear on the forms submitted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies