Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My stimulus check is wrong. What now?

I also have 3 dependents that i did not get credit for, i am a single mother, this is a massive impact and i am devastated by this. i filed with turbotax and there isn't even a way to talk to anyone without paying for it! this is ridiculous... didn't they take enough of our money?? i normally don't complain about things but this is just unacceptable.

@astralineardreams wrote:

I also have 3 dependents that i did not get credit for, i am a single mother, this is a massive impact and i am devastated by this. i filed with turbotax and there isn't even a way to talk to anyone without paying for it! this is ridiculous... didn't they take enough of our money?? i normally don't complain about things but this is just unacceptable.

Only the IRS controls how much stimulus payment you receive.  TurboTax receives no information whatsoever from the IRS concerning how the stimulus payment received by a taxpayer is determined.

IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

A19. If you did not receive the full amount to which you believe you are entitled, you will be able to claim the additional amount when you file your 2020 tax return.  This is particularly important for individuals who may be entitled to the additional $500 per qualifying child dependent payments.

For some reason I ONLY got $2900 instead of $3400.!!? When I did my taxes with turbo tax for some reason one of my sons said he wasn't   qualified on my taxes, when I looked after I turned them in with turbo tax when I downloaded the tax return- He has been qualified for the last 3 years and for SOME reason turbo tax put he wasnt qualified this year- then it proved when I got my stimulus check, because I contacted turbo tax when I noticed it and she s me dated both were qualified

@Kristinavega 

How old will that child be on 12/31/2020 ?  

How old were they on 12/31/2019?

I'm married filed jointly with 2 kids born 2008 & 2015 only got $2900. Instead of $3400. I HONESTLY think it has to do with TURBO TAX!!!!!! Because all of the other people that went through H&R BLOCK GOT THEIR FULL AMOUNT!!!!!!! NO WONDER WHY TURBOTAX HAS BEEN SUED!!!!! IM NEVER GOING THROUGH TURBOTAX AGAIN!!!!!

I didn't either I think it has to do with TURBOTAX because my family and friends that went through H&R Block and other tax places got their full amount!!!! I make under $150,000. A year so it's not that for sure!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!

In 2019 he is 4 2020 he will be 5

We married and have 3 kids but one is a newborn and our stimuls check was only 1700 when it should have been 3900.. what happened to our money 

Julain13

I received 1200 stimulis for myself but ehen did turbotax i put my kids on also didnt receive 500 fir all 3 if them why

My husband and I file married filing jointly, he is retired and receives Social Security, I’m on Social Security disability, he received his 1200, but we were supposed to get 2400. What do we do?

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

It is possible that your payment may still be on its way - not all taxpayers who file jointly have been receiving joint payments.

If yours isn't received in the coming weeks, you can claim it as a credit when you file your taxes in 2021 for tax year 2020.

You may be able to check the status of your payment here: IRS Get my Payment tool.

@Kathyhoffren58

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
roaadiel

This is a problem unique to TurboTax.

It is all over Reddit

Everyone else got the correct payment.

roaadiel

So, if you are a non-filer, you get nothing.

Because of an issue with TurboTax improperly reporting dependent information? Sounds actionable.

@roaadiel wrote:

This is a problem unique to TurboTax.

It is all over Reddit

Everyone else got the correct payment.

Did they?

IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

A24. If you did not receive the full amount to which you believe you are entitled, you will be able to claim the additional amount when you file your 2020 tax return.  This is particularly important for individuals who may be entitled to the additional $500 per qualifying child dependent payments. For VA and SSI recipients who don’t have a filing requirement and have a child, they need to use the Non-Filers tool on IRS.gov by May 5 in order to have the $500 added automatically to their $1,200 Economic Impact payment. We encourage people to review our “How do I calculate my EIP Payment” question and answer (See question 11).

@roaadiel wrote:

So, if you are a non-filer, you get nothing.

Because of an issue with TurboTax improperly reporting dependent information? Sounds actionable.

If you are a non-filer you should use this IRS website - IRS website for non-filer stimulus payments - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

Dependent information is reported on the Federal tax return based on the input from the user of the software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies