Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Syreeta28
Returning Member

My stimulus check is wrong. What now?

Yes! 

Same situation. Filed 2019 back in early Feb married jointly and claimed daughter born in 2019. Yet, received only $2400 instead of the rightful $2900. Missing the $500 for daughter. And there's nothing you can do about it because there's nobody that you can contact. Typical IRS...messing up and then cutting off any way to fix the mess up.

They are my biological children and yes, our tax refund includes them, as they definitely qualify 

@Mfrancis84  wrote:

I am about to send a letter to the IRS because customer service is closed.

Be aware that the IRS is not answering mail at this time.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Taxpayer correspondence: While the IRS is receiving and storing mail, our mail processing functions have been scaled back to comply with social distancing recommendations. Currently, we have reduced responses to paper correspondence. Our primary concern is serving taxpayers as indicated in the People First Initiative, which includes numerous actions to alleviate taxpayer burden during this time.

Taxpayers who mail correspondence to the IRS during this period should expect to wait longer than usual for a response. Once normal operations resume it will take the IRS time to work through any correspondence backlog. Correspondence sent to IRS offices may be returned to the taxpayer if that office is closed and no one is available to accept them.  

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Same here....we were supposed to get 2900 counting my husband myself and our kid but instead we got 1450 every odd numbers....we dont have any debts and we are under the amount that's need to qualify......feeling frustrate as we dont have a way to ask about the error 

Wellsah21

My wife and I filed jointly with our 1 child, and our stimulus check was for $2400. Why didn’t we receive the $500 for our dependent?

@Wellsah21 wrote:

My wife and I filed jointly with our 1 child, and our stimulus check was for $2400. Why didn’t we receive the $500 for our dependent?

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

For security reasons, the IRS plans to mail a letter about the economic impact payment to the taxpayer’s last known address within 15 days after the payment is paid. The letter will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the payment.

Syreeta28
Returning Member

You filed Turbo tax also?

I purchased TT premium and it would not let me file on line. I had to mail iy

Yes i filled through turbotax and i definitely dont make over the $150000 when filling jointly married.... i got the $2400 for both of us but not the $500 for child that was claimed on my turbotax from 2019

johnowe04

My simulus check was short 1700 dollars. Married filed jointly one dependent and make way under the 150,000 cap.  I read that you will receive mail from the IRS within 15 days and there will be information on what to do if your check amount was wrong.  This hurts.

Syreeta28
Returning Member

CC5F43C1-39C2-46FE-9A31-1DB4B69093BA.jpeg

Sane here.  Received $2400.  Nothing for my 2 child dependents ages 12 and 15.  How do I fix this?

Syreeta28
Returning Member

I don’t know how true that is, but something definitely not right!

Thank you for the heads up! I had mailed off the 8962 form that was missing, needing to complete the return. I am taking it tax return processing is paused?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies