turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My stimulus check is wrong. What now?

Why at the end of the tax year? My other daughter received the money for her two dependents. Some people are not even though the dependents were included on their 2019 taxes.

Both of my qualified dependants are under 17yrs of age, and I did not receive the $500  for them. Now what is the next step?

i don’t believe at the end of the year i’ll get. the extra 500 if as of right now my stimulus check was a total on 2900, got 2400 for being married and filing jointly then 500 for one of my dependents but missing the other 500 for my second dependent so it doesn’t make sense how i got one but not the other

8, 2 and 5 months. We are make under 150k.

so are you saying we will receive the additional $500 For our 3rd dependent in our 2020 tax return?

Tylerjm07

Same here. My wife and I filed jointly for 2019 as soon as we could claiming both our children. One born in 2017 and the other born in October, 2019. Got our truck back 2 months ago. We also only received $2900 instead of $3400. Worst part is there is not one number you can call or one person to speak with. IRS is not taking calls and all local offices have been closed. 

@Tylerjm07 wrote:

Same here. My wife and I filed jointly for 2019 as soon as we could claiming both our children. One born in 2017 and the other born in October, 2019. Got our truck back 2 months ago. We also only received $2900 instead of $3400. Worst part is there is not one number you can call or one person to speak with. IRS is not taking calls and all local offices have been closed. 

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

For security reasons, the IRS plans to mail a letter about the economic impact payment to the taxpayer’s last known address within 15 days after the payment is paid. The letter will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the payment.

I received 1700 of my 2200 stimulus check. They forgot a dependent. I had already filed my 2019 taxes. One dependent was born in 2019, I am guessing that is why. I would like to know who to contact. The IRS is not taking phone calls and there is no information on the internet as this is very soon. I would like to know when the remainder is coming or if I need to contact someone. Any info out there please share

SierraMae

I had twins born in June 2019. My check did not include either of the children and was only 1200. Is there anything I can do to let the IRS know they didn’t send the correct amount? Both children were on my tax return. 

djpenn

Same!  We have 3 children and only got money for 2.  They are all dependents and under 18.  

MCastodio

My daughter is 17 (turned 17 in 2019), and a full time highschool student.  Should I expect to receive $500 for her?

Sounds like a lot of us are having the same problem. I am missing $500 from my first child who was born Oct. 2019. We filed our taxes back in early Feb to reflect as 1 dependent but still received $2400 instead of $2900... If anyone find a way to correct this, please share!

@MCastodio wrote:

My daughter is 17 (turned 17 in 2019), and a full time highschool student.  Should I expect to receive $500 for her?

No, she is not eligible for the $500 tax credit since she was older than 16 in 2019.

Mines is too. I filed Head of Household with 2 dependents, one is 5 and the other is 14 I received 1700.00 instead of 2200.00. My income is well below the threshold amount. 

@Agantz85 

Yes on your 2020 tax return you will be able to enter accurate information about 2019 and get the correct stimulus payment in 2021.

I got $1,200 but I didn’t the $500 for my daughter. I claimed her on my 2018 and 2019 taxes. Anyone else having this problem and what can we do?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies