turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My state return rejected due to a software error in turbo tax and after refiling now I can't see my federal return refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

My state return rejected due to a software error in turbo tax and after refiling now I can't see my federal return refund?

If your federal return was accepted when filing, it will no longer show up in TurboTax.  Therefore, you will not be able to see the refund amount as the tax return has already been processed and sent to the IRS.

Checking E-File status

See the link below to process your state return if your federal return was accepted.

Step to electronically file state return after federal return was filed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Your answer still doesn’t answer my question as I now can’t get any info on my federal return. I don’t know if two federal returns where filed one on 2/12/21 and the second on 3/4/21. This is my question. If both returns on the different dates were filed how does this affect my getting my refund. I did get an email on 2/13/21 stating my federal was accepted and did not get an email after filing on 3/4/21. Please advise. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Is this for the same SSN? You can't file two federal refunds under one SSN. If you filed twice, one will be rejected.

You can speak with an agent, they can see your information. This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies