Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

If it helps, I have no inherited IRA. Just doing traditional IRA -> Roth IRA (Backdoor roth ira conversion) using the online premier software following the instructions from  intuit support page  for TurboTax Online.
Got the same federal rejection error (FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA) and the state rejection because of that (REJ001)

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

So what are y’all doing?  I also did a Roth conversion not inherited and got same error.  Should we wait to refile after 3/5??  

Exact same problem here. Backdoor Roth IRA only.

hannaz88
Returning Member

Add me to the list. Backdoor ROTH, no inherited IRA.

I tried filling twice and got this error twice.

Reject Code FED_Taxable_Inherite

+1! Also a backdoor Roth. I did pay estimated taxes this year.

Same here.  Converted traditional to roth.  Got a rejection notification about an hour ago...  

abcd1234abcd
Returning Member

Same issue. I don't have an inherited IRA, but did do a Traditional to Roth IRA conversion. Anyone know if this is more likely to be a TurboTax or IRS glitch? Also, anyone know if TurboTax would charge to refile?

Same issue here

I got the exact same issue, filed last friday and rejected today

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing.
Tried twice with manual re-entry of R forms -> same result.

Same issue here

No inherited IRA, but I did a backdoor roth.

This really sucks.  I've been waiting since the start of February for the underpayment of estimated tax penalty form to get finalized and implemented in TT since I did a Roth IRA conversation and didn't have enough withheld for the year.  Then on Friday, when it finally allows me to file, I get a rejection notice about an inherited IRA which I don't have - I did a Roth IRA conversion and the information was downloaded from my brokerage and looks correct.  The email from TT says they will help me "fix" it, yet when I open the app it tells me about the error and takes me straight to the file page indicating nothing needs to be fixed.  This is by far the worst experience I've ever had using Turbo Tax.  They are charging $70 for TT "Premier" which can't even get the job done of filing fairly simple taxes all the way into March?!?  Interest for the underpayment penalty filing is accruing - which is the whole reason I've been trying to file as early as possible this year.  

I did a backdoor IRA and a 401k aftertax rollover into a Roth IRA like I have done for the last several years and got the same rejection.  I also had No inherited IRA.  Form 8606 looks exactly the same as it did last year.  Rejected on 2/26.  Resubmitted and rejected again 3/1.  Hopefully TT fixes this soon.

Reject Code FED_Taxable_Inherite

My second attempt did more than 48 hours ago was just rejected again with exact same issue. I think I have to wait March 5 update. 

MarkW57

I got the same message tooday with some type of March 5 fix/update available - I have an inherited IRA as well as having converted a reg IRA to backdoor Roth. Will wait for March 5 then try again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies